JoJo's Bizzare Adventure and VGA.

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

JoJo's Bizzare Adventure and VGA.

Post#1 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:16 pm

Hey everyone, talking a bit about DC and VGA connections here and what not made me realize a somewhat unique issue I've experienced with in the past with VGA output and JoJo's by Capcom. When launching the game on VGA mode the image appears shrunken and squished to the center on the screen making the game pretty unbearable to play. Keep in mind the game case in fact says the game supports VGA. Has anyone experienced this issue with this game??? Oh! And it's a US GDRom of the game. Thanks in advance :)
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

madmax2069
drunken sailor

Re: JoJo's Bizzare Adventure and VGA.

Post#2 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:30 pm

CD AGES wrote:Hey everyone, talking a bit about DC and VGA connections here and what not made me realize a somewhat unique issue I've experienced with in the past with VGA output and JoJo's by Capcom. When launching the game on VGA mode the image appears shrunken and squished to the center on the screen making the game pretty unbearable to play. Keep in mind the game case in fact says the game supports VGA. Has anyone experienced this issue with this game??? Oh! And it's a US GDRom of the game. Thanks in advance :)

Hell mine either tells me that it doesnt support the AV cable or flips and rolls rapidly with a smushed screen in the center. The VGA cable works with my other VGA games.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:11 pm

Interesting. I've gotten the latter, but never the former. So what it comes down to is that this is a retail DC game that states on its package that it supports VGA, but in reality it doesn't!? Lol! To anyones knowledge here, are there any other US DC titles that provide this particular false advertising? Because it's usually the other way around. Games that don't state to support VGA, usually do.

madmax2069
drunken sailor

Post#4 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:25 am

CD AGES wrote:So what it comes down to is that this is a retail DC game that states on its package that it supports VGA, but in reality it doesn't!? Lol!

Mine is a generic brand (bought from lik-sang) and has VGA, S-vid and RCA out and a 3 way switch (PC,PC,TV), When the switch is at the far left setting the screen stays black untill the game starts and a red LED comes on and displays a image (with jojo it displays the crazy screen), With the switch in the middle PC setting The monitor comes on as soon as i power the Dreamcast up but displays the game doesnt support the AV cable (only with jojo or non VGA supported game), with the switch in the TV (should be self explanatory). This just so happens to be my first time trying jojo on my vga adapter. my version is the US version as well. But every game i have that says its supports VGA works just fine, as well as VGA patched games and homebrew. It very well could be why jojo says VGA cord and not VGA box like most other games on why it dont work.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#5 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:24 am

jojo is one of the few games that doesn't work in vga, nor can it be tricked or patched
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:49 pm

But it's the only retail game in the U.S. that states in it's box that does!?

So this is a mistake on Capcom's part?

I believe the Japanese version does not state it's VGA compatible in package.... Now, I wonder if the Sega Direct version (For Matching Service) is VGA compatible. Does anyone here have this particular version to test out?

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#7 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:08 pm

I just checked my PAL box & there's no vga symbol there so it's prolly a mistake of sega america. it DOES say vga on the back of the matching service version, however since I don't have this version I can't check it out
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

Visit:

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:37 pm

Yeah I recalled seeing that Matching Service version indeed having VGA support indicated on the box (I know for sure the regular version does not) and from personal experience JPN software seems very accurate with indicating what software is compatible and which isn't (at least more than PAL and US software). Well, I appreciate everyones input on this particular topic! THANKS! :)

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#9 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:13 pm

bad matching service always costs a lot on ebay
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

Visit:

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:07 pm

Yeah they are. I been fortunate enough to have gotten the majority of the Matching Service series for cheap throughout the years, but yet to find this game. Perhaps some one can or has done a VGA patch version... any clue?