new kidspad update

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

new kidspad update

Post#1 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:10 pm

MrSega

Re: new kidspad update

Post#2 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:35 pm

Whats the update? The only update I see is a slight tweak in the logo design, perhaps.

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post#3 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:37 pm

MrSega wrote:Whats the update? The only update I see is a slight tweak in the logo design, perhaps.

i thout there was it just looked different sorry if i was rong

MrSega

Post#4 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:44 pm

craziestrufis wrote:
MrSega wrote:Whats the update? The only update I see is a slight tweak in the logo design, perhaps.

i thout there was it just looked different sorry if i was rong

Well, we are getting somewhere. The logo does look slightly different.

MrSega

Post#5 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:11 pm

I did notice two subtle changes in mark.

The logo design was tweaked so that the words "KIDSPAD" are now seperated into two words. "KIDS PAD".

The forgein filling deadline has been extended until September.

All of this indicates that SEGA defiently has plans to use the mark and will INDEED update it well before the November deadline(not updating it would result in it getting suspended.). This also means that the KIDS PAD is just about ready to be annouced.

In regaurds to SEGADRIVE, I've concluded that it is totally unrelated to Super System. That SEGA's next board Model 4 will be a 3rd RING series arcade machine. In addition to the low end RINGWIDE, mid range RINGEDGE there will be a high end board officially succeeded the LINDBERGH perhaps the "RINGWAVE".

After looking at SEGANEPTUNE,SEGASATURN cartridge and SEGAJUPITER trademark histroy I came to this conclusion that SEGADRIVE is like those marks a mere prototype board and nothing else.

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post#6 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:18 pm

MrSega wrote:I did notice two subtle changes in mark.

The logo design was tweaked so that the words "KIDSPAD" are now seperated into two words. "KIDS PAD".

The forgein filling deadline has been extended until September.

All of this indicates that SEGA defiently has plans to use the mark and will INDEED update it well before the November deadline(not updating it would result in it getting suspended.). This also means that the KIDS PAD is just about ready to be annouced.

In regaurds to SEGADRIVE, I've concluded that it is totally unrelated to Super System. That SEGA's next board Model 4 will be a 3rd RING series arcade machine. In addition to the low end RINGWIDE, mid range RINGEDGE there will be a high end board officially succeeded the LINDBERGH perhaps the "RINGWAVE".

After looking at SEGANEPTUNE,SEGASATURN cartridge and SEGAJUPITER trademark histroy I came to this conclusion that SEGADRIVE is like those marks a mere prototype board and nothing else.

mr sega i all so found that thay updated this to http://www.trademarkia.com/sega-75167958.html
and this 1 2 http://www.trademarkia.com/sega-73742284.html

MrSega

Post#7 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:07 pm

It just means that SEGA will start manufacturing and licensing home consumer hardware and 1st party IPs again soon. Which is why they filed the hardware trademark "KIDS PAD".

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Post#8 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:28 pm

How well do you think "kidspad" will do at launch btw? I predict it to have a launch similar to the DS for some reason...

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post#9 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:01 am

Mephiles550 wrote:How well do you think "kidspad" will do at launch btw? I predict it to have a launch similar to the DS for some reason...

Mephiles550 her u go http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7948449.pdf

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#10 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:24 am

All it says in those trademarks is that Sega renewed their ownership of the Sega name and their branding logo, they've owned one of those trademarks for 22 years and the other for 10 years, they're hardly going to let them lapse now. Not really a huge surprise in my opinion. :|