What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
WildCard
Beats of Rage

Re: What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

Post#11 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:39 pm

Got another Dreamcast, couple of different colored VMU's, couple of different "mega" bank switching memory cards, and a new controller.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:49 am

I grabbed a brand new, sealed and unused see thru blue official memory card, nice new mouse incase I feel the need to keyboard and mouse it on Quake and I got my BBA a couple months ago which I'm VERY happy with! Need to get back online with it one night this week
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#13 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:52 am

i found a beat up old fishing rod controller at a garage sale :lol:

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#14 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:27 pm

Some friends to keep my Dreamcast company:
Attachments
DSCF0286.jpg

CapnCrunch53
noob

Post#15 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:28 am

The most recent game I bought for my Dreamcast is Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, which I actually haven't tried yet. Other than that, I got a bunch of other Sega buddies for it to play with; I got a model 1 and a model 2 Genesis, Sega CD, 32x and Master System all in the last month or so. I think my wallet is mad at me :lol:
My Systems
Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, GBC, GBA, GBA-SP, GBP, DS Lite
Sony: PS1, PS2
Microsoft: Xbox 360
Sega: Master System, Genesis, Sega CD, 32x, Dreamcast, GameGear
Other: Atari Super Pong, Atari 2600, Odyssey 2, Turbografx-16

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#16 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:29 am

Neohound wrote:Some friends to keep my Dreamcast company:

dude where did you get those fantastic models? I used to have these little collectible toys of Sonic characters, they were like Monster In My Pocket or Pokemon, you bought a packet from a newsagents/paper store and inside would be a random sonic character, including all my favourites such as Sonic, Knuckles and Metallix... I wish I could get those little models again they were awesome

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#17 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:56 am

DCUltrapro wrote:
Neohound wrote:Some friends to keep my Dreamcast company:

dude where did you get those fantastic models? I used to have these little collectible toys of Sonic characters, they were like Monster In My Pocket or Pokemon, you bought a packet from a newsagents/paper store and inside would be a random sonic character, including all my favourites such as Sonic, Knuckles and Metallix... I wish I could get those little models again they were awesome

Glad you like them, cute aren't they. They kinda remind me of the capsule toys in Shenmue, that's maybe why I bought them lol

I'm still missing Knuckles, Sonic and 'Super' Sonic from the collection. They aren't that difficult to locate but I've found that once a shop gets them in stock they tend to fly out. You have to buy them when you see em.

Try asking at Game or Gamestation-they'll probably order them in for you if you ask. They cost £3.99 each btw

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#18 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:34 pm

ok is that all? I thought they were much bigger! The photo is deceptive, they could be like the ones I'm thinking of, or are they bought new? because the ones I used to get when I was a kid are about 15 years old lol

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#19 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:44 pm

DCUltrapro wrote:ok is that all? I thought they were much bigger! The photo is deceptive, they could be like the ones I'm thinking of, or are they bought new? because the ones I used to get when I was a kid are about 15 years old lol

Yeah, they are only 2 or 3 inches tall. I wanted to show you the detail and quality of finish which is superior to ones I've had in the past. I bought them new over the last few weeks, not sure if they are reissues or not.

drunkn ghost
fire

Post#20 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:15 pm

Gary_b wrote:i found a beat up old fishing rod controller at a garage sale :lol:

I just had a friend give me one that he found in his garage. He bought the house years ago but just got around to cleaning out the crawl space above his garage and it was just chilling in a box full of random crap. He has never really played video games and didn't even know what it was but figured I would want it if it was video game related. :lol:

Those Sonic figures look sweet. I used to have a collection of them from McDonald's (I think that's where they were from) a long time ago but am not sure what ever happened to them.