Some trouble lately with mounting game images on my netbook

Talk about PC and Mac games, etc. here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Macabre
Feet of Fury

Some trouble lately with mounting game images on my netbook

Post#1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:48 am

I recently had to completely reboot & wipe my (only) computer (a weak netbook) due to a mishap with vista not updating itself and the netbook overheating. I actually downgraded to XP so that this weak netbook might perform slightly better.

While putting disc juggler & dameon lite back on I wanted to play some Manhunt tonight without plugging in my ps2, so I reinstalled the PC version and ripped a disc juggler image to mount in dameons. This is how I always played PC games, but I'm having trouble now...

I'm not sure why, but my computer just won't pick up the discs, even the images.

I got the game to work fine after the install when using the official disc, but nothing else works. Even when I unplug my external disc drive, and then plug it back in with the official disc back in, the game won't restart.

I also tried using a program called MagicDisc to both create a new image as well as mount it. I even double-mounted an image in both Dameons and MagicDisc, with no help. When mounted, I can still open the "disc" as if it were in an optical drive, the game just won't start!

I'm not very good with computer programing, so I haven't the faintest clue as to why this doesn't work.
PSO Dreamcast BBA ftw @ Dreamcast-Talk.com
~ Macabre! Redria HUcast
~ Lust Purplenum RAcaseal
~Sega Trade List!~
vid's coming soon~