DC Not Working

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

daniel116
core

DC Not Working

Post#1 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:47 am

Hi what's up?
I didn't use my DC for about two weeks, then I turned it on and it the orange light worked and I also heard the disc spinning but then after a few seconds it stopped working.
Now when I try turning it on the orange light kind of "beeps" for a second and nothing happens.
What could be the problem?
I tried cleaning and pushing the power pins, cleaning the inside of the machine, blowing on the fan, etc.

Also: I'm using a power adapter\converter, if that matters

TeamXlink
Rank 9

Re: DC Not Working

Post#2 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:25 pm

daniel116 wrote:Hi what's up?
I didn't use my DC for about two weeks, then I turned it on and it the orange light worked and I also heard the disc spinning but then after a few seconds it stopped working.
Now when I try turning it on the orange light kind of "beeps" for a second and nothing happens.
What could be the problem?
I tried cleaning and pushing the power pins, cleaning the inside of the machine, blowing on the fan, etc.

Also: I'm using a power adapter\converter, if that matters

Is the fan constantly spinning?

If it stops spinning the Dreamcast shuts off.

daniel116
core

Post#3 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:15 pm

It doesn't even begin to spin.
I push the power button, the orange light blinks for a second and nothing happens.

daniel116
core

Post#4 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:09 am

nobody?
Please everybody I desperately need your help

TeamXlink
Rank 9

Post#5 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:55 pm

Try a different power cable, and outlet. The outlet could be bad or the power cable.

When you turn it on does it stay on?

If not did it stay on when you first turned it on, and then after you cleaned it, it shut started to not stay on?

Make sure every things connected on the inside, make sure nothing accidentally fell or crawled into it when you were cleaning, another forum member had a dead spider in is and after removing it it worked like a charm.

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun

Post#6 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:35 pm

Meh Stuff http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18650#p18650
Before you download meh mirrors read this
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353&p=22482#p22482