PSOv2 PAL Connection Help

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

PSOv2 PAL Connection Help

Post#1 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:15 pm

Ok, here is what I have and what I tried and what happened.

1. NTSC/U Dreamcast (flashed to Schthack IP).
2. PSOv2 PAL (the real deal).
3. Utopia 1.5 Boot disc.
4. BBA (HIT-0400)
5. VMU with original PSOv2 NTSC/U save.

Scenario:
1. Booted up with Utopia, then swapped disc with PSOv2 PAL.
2. PSOv2 PAL booted up and recognized the VMU save.
3. I selected the ONLINE option and answered the questions to connect.
4. I then saw the burst screen and waited.
5. It eventually went to a black screen with the Action Pallette doing a rotation thing. This is something I never have seen the the NTSC/U version.
6. The I would get the network/connection error.
7. Crono was monitoring the event but stated that he never saw the Dreamcast try to connect via the IP I gave him.
8. The BBA works because it goes online with Q3, XDP and PW3.0.

Any thoughts, please?
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

xl2k5
rebel

Re: PSOv2 PAL Connection Help

Post#2 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:36 pm

Pointing your DNS's ip toward Schtserv used to work, but now for some reasons it doesn't now. (Well, last time I tried it didn't work)
Try to use code breaker instead. Since you need a boot disk anyway, using code breaker doesn't take longer.
First, make sure you have the codes saved on one vmu. If you have more than 1 vmu, unplug them before booting code breaker. After booting, select the connect code and the enable code, then switch your disk and then just boot the game normaly.
That should works.
Also, change your DNS back to your normal dns (your router's adress).
If that also doesn't work, try to set your dreamcast on DMZ (you should be able to select that from your router's options).

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#3 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:51 pm

Yes, I'm doing the DMZ thing. I'll try it again with code breaker - if I can find a copy that does not need CloneCD.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Impulse
Admin

Post#4 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:21 am

Dobbs, I may have a solution for you. Personally I could never connect to schthack unless I used the dns server tool on my computer to redirect the dc's connection to schthacks dns.

First, download and unpack this program and start it on your pc: http://dreamcast-talk.com/uploads/dnsserver.rar

Edit the text file that it comes with and change the old ips in there to schthacks new ones if its out dated. (it should be up to date).

Second, make your PC have a static IP address. Not sure if you are familiar on how to do this. If you're not go here: http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm choose your OS and follow the directions.

After you obtain your static IP go into you pso and change the DNS to your computers static IP.

Make sure you have the dns program running on your pc (it can run in the background, in the task bar when minimized) and then try to connect through pso. And it should work.

I'm not 100% sure if this is your problem but it sounds like the same symptoms I was having.

Lastly if you dont want to use utopia you can try the action replay CDX demo http://dreamcast-talk.com/uploads/Cdxdemo.rar It serves as a perfect boot disc. Doesnt seem to be as hard on the gd-rom too. + It doesnt have the problems that utopia has with pso. I believe there are some item seeing problems when using utopia on pso.
-Impulse

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:56 pm

Impulse,

Thanx for the info, I'll try it. I'm a former IT guy, so I'll use my last two remaining brain-cells to finish this (I believe I keep them on the left side of my head).
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Impulse
Admin

Post#6 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:52 pm

:lol: Sounds good Dobbs.

I forgot to mention something. Make sure to have your DC connected into the same router your computer is connected too. If your setup is different then please try to make it that way.
-Impulse

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#7 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:26 pm

And this all should work with BBA right? I just want to be
sure. And thank you so much Impulse, you're the first person
to actually give me real help on this. :lol:

[Oh, I'm sorry Dobbs, I ate your last two brain cells, I got hungry.] :lol:
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

Impulse
Admin

Post#8 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:32 pm

Yep, it works with the bba and maybe if you have pc-dc server too.

Thanks, I hope you guys can get this worked out. I'd love to start playing pso again.
-Impulse