Myst & Riven on ScummVM!!!oneoneeleven

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Myst & Riven on ScummVM!!!oneoneeleven

Post#1 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:15 am

Ok, so I was trying to find an opensource or fan made myst game to see if it was possible to port to the Dreamcast, and I found that a team is porting it and Riven to ScummVM! That means we can have it on Dreamcast!

I am having trouble finding where to get a reicent build from, but here is all that I have found so far. :D

ImageImage

The guys porting it.
http://clone2727.blogspot.com/

Some forum posts.
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=7132

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=2807

I don't know how much longer till both games are fully 100% ported, but they are getting very, very close to the end.

This has got me really excited as I loved myst on my Saturn and 3DO, and have since lost both systems and games over the years.

Dr. Pariolo
Pretty Fly for a White Guy

Re: Myst & Riven on ScummVM!!!oneoneeleven

Post#2 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:35 am

niiice. Looking forward that!

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:45 am

Yeah! This is my favorite point and click game! Man, I have wanted at least Myst on Dreamcast for a while now, but Riven too! That is just a bonus!

Impulse
Admin

Post#4 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:21 am

Awesome! Thank you for the news.
-Impulse

Indiket
Developer

Post#5 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:46 am

Btw, there is a new SCUMMVM version out (1.2.0). It's VERY impressive that finally has been merged and improve SCI support games! Also, now it has i18n support -> horray for the spaniards ;)

SCUMMVM is really one of the best homebrew pieces for the Dreamcast. Still amazing that it uses libronin. Really thanks to Marcus, the guy who mantains up-to-date the Dreamcast version!!!!

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#6 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:06 am

SCUMMVM is really one of the best homebrew pieces for the Dreamcast.

Probably the best one ! It runs perfect . You can do enjoy playing games through this engine .
Thanks Anthony817 for the news . I'll be keeping my eyes on that .

Indiket
Developer

Post#7 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:00 am

Guys, I need help with SCUMMVM. I'm trying to do an image with the game: Drascula. I follow the steps of the tutorial, but SCUMMVM doesn't detect it. It's quite strange, because the Win version works OK, but the DC version just doesn't detect the game.

I tried adding other games (like one of the new games: Ecoquest) and it works ok. So, maybe is there something wrong with Drascula and DC SCUMMVM?

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#8 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:04 am

I'm trying to do an image with the game: Drascula.

It was made some time ago by dcevo team . You can take a look how they made it .
http://www.dcevolution.net/index.php?id=drascula
This CD Image contains ScummVM version 0.12.0 along with Alcachofa Soft's 'Drascula: The Vampire Strikes Back', the game engine plugin used for this release is the 'DRASCULA' engine, it supports only one game.

Indiket
Developer

Post#9 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:00 am

Thanks for the link, unfortunately it doesn't help me.
Drascula on older versions had a bug in the intro (spanish version). According to the Tracking, in this new version it has been solved.

But I think that the new Drascula.dat of this version has some incompatibility with the DC version (or just the binary program), and cannot detect Drascula...

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:52 pm

I messaged the guy porting it and am trying to see if we can get an early beta to test. I hope it works on Dreamcast well, cause I really love this series. :)