Counter-Strike for Dreamcast

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

chuckb85
noob

Counter-Strike for Dreamcast

Post#1 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:00 pm

Hello,

I have been having a tough time burning the Counter-Strike onto a cd-r. I have probably wasted a good 20 cd-r's on this game alone. The thing is - this is the ONLY game I've burned that has given me any trouble. The two roadblocks I run into after I burn it: either my DC doesn't recognize the disc or it treats it like a 79 minute, 2-track audio cd. After reading a million tutorials and watching some on YouTube...all I can possibly think is perhaps the .cdi image got screwed up somewhere down the line and I got left with a bad .cdi/iso/etc.

If anyone could help me out whether it be a alternate download of the .cdi file, etc. I would greatly appreciate it. Out of all the games I've burned, this is one that I'd love to play the most but its also the only one I can't get to working...

Thank you a million :)

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Re: Counter-Strike for Dreamcast

Post#2 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:16 pm

you can try the file from my guide. let me know if it doesn't work. it might not because it is pretty old.
Gary_b wrote:i made this for some one a while back. then i got the idea to post it here. i do not know if any of the links are out of date. this thing was wrote over a year ago.

Counter Strike Burning guide

Things you will need

1. winRar. Here is a link to its free download. http://winrar.en.softonic.com/download

2. Discjuggler. Here is a link to its free download. http://www.padus.com/downloads/demo.php you may download from either one of the mirrors

3.Counter strike Beta. Here is the free download. This is from Megaupload.com. You must enter the 3 digit code that it asks you for. This is located at the top of the page. Then wait 45 seconds before you can download. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y3UDFJRD.

4. You will also need a PC with a CD burner on it.

Downloading Counter strike beta and extracting it with WinRar

It would be simpler to download WinRar before the counter strike beta. Because you must extract the CT beta with WinRar. Also make sure when you extract the counter strike beta that you save it where you can find it. I suggest making a new folder for it on your desktop.

First make a new folder on your Desktop and rename it.

Just in case you do not know how to make a new folder its done like so. Click anywhere on you desktop with the (right) mouse button and scroll down to (new) this will then open options. Select (new folder) it should be the first one on the list. After the folder is made it will be appear on your desktop highlighted with the name NEW FOLDER. Type in the new name that you want. I suggest some thing like (counter strike)

Extracting Counter strike

After you entered the 3 digit code on meaguploader.com and waited 45 seconds You can then down load. When your computers download options window pops up. (Select open). When it's done downloading WinRar will automatically open with the counter strike file in it for extraction.

You have to extract all 9 counter strike files. WinRar will show 11 items in this menu. Only 9 are Counter strike files. The Counter strike icons look like 3 tiny books stacked up. You can extract all 9 at one time by dragging your mouse over them and highlighting them all. After you have all 9 highlighted. Click on the highlighted area with the (right) mouse button. An option. Menu will open. You want to select the option that says extract to specified folder. Selecting this option will open a new menu. Look for the folder that you made earlier. The one that I suggested for you to name Counter strike. It should be easy to find. Once you have found it. (Double click) on it. Then (click ok) at the bottom of the menu box. The small extraction wizard should now be seen on your screen extracting files to the folder you specified.

You are now finished with WinRar

Burning using Discjuggler.

Note
When you open discjuggler it will show you a Tip of the day. Close this. You must wait 10 seconds to start running discjuggler.

Now that discjuggler is opened you want to go to file. It’s located at the top left. Select (new). a menu window will pop up look for the option that says "burn disc images". You should now have yet another new window. This is the burning window. Make sure you have a blank CD-R in your burning drive. Click the (source) tab. It's directly below where it says source. Do not use the pull down arrow that is to the right of the source tab!

After selecting the source tab a new window will pop up. On this new window you will want to click on the pull down arrow and select (desktop). Now look for the folder you made earlier and (double click it). Now look for the disc image. It should say "Counter-Strike DC Beta 3 MP1.cdi"(double click it).

Everything should be ready for burning hit start. You will get a warning saying discjuggler is running in evaluation mode. It will write at lower recording speeds and only up to 700 megabytes. Would you like to continue? (Select yes). After its finish burning your done.

The end

if you need any screen shots of anything let me know. and if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

btw this might appear hard but its actually a lot easier than it looks

divagante
rebel

Post#3 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:59 am

you can also use alcohol 120% using raw-dao mode at 24x

luso_dreamcaster
dark night

Post#4 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:55 pm

is there anyway to play this game online or via lan in the future?

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#5 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:13 pm

I am afraid no , HL Dreamcast engine doesnt have online feature .

luso_dreamcaster
dark night

Post#6 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:19 pm

Vasiliy wrote:

the Hl Dreamcast no.
but the HL pc yes.
There is any way to port that hl to the dreamcast and play it online like doom?

flamingflimflam
shadow

Post#7 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:03 pm

I am curious about this as well.

luso_dreamcaster wrote:
Vasiliy wrote:

the Hl Dreamcast no.
but the HL pc yes.
There is any way to port that hl to the dreamcast and play it online like doom?
"I usually drop a dollar or two into UFO Catchers if I'm with a girl. Then I blind her with my skills, and she's like "oh damn, this is a stuffed animal" and the panties drop." -Captain Snarky, 2012

Jenkins
MicroMidget

Post#8 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:50 pm

Ask Valve for the source code first ;)