Sonic Adventure

A section to post your reviews of Dreamcast games. See rules for details.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Rating System: Please include a rating on the scale from 1 to 10. Make sure to put the name of the game in the topic title (game name must be first in the title) Example: 'Toy Racer Review by yadayadagames'. Also include a poll with options 1-10 other users can rate the game (you can add our own subtitles for each ranking or leave it blank). Example: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtop ... f=34&t=789

Poll: How much do you like Sonic Adventure?

1 (DIE IN A FIRE YOU WORTHLESS GAME)
No votes
2 (Why is this game on this planet?)
No votes
3 (I only found like one thing ok with this game)
No votes
4 (The game is shit...but playable)
No votes
5 (Average game...its ok)
10%
6 (not bad of a game, i like it)
5%
7 (Hey, now this game is pretty kick ass)
20%
8 (Damn! this game is enjoyable, fun, and so worth my money)
15%
9 (This game is near perfection! how can it get better then this)
15%
10 (Chuck Norris approves of this game)
35%
Total votes: 20

damaster4u
lithium

Sonic Adventure

Post#1 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:02 pm

FUCK YES! Sonic the hedgehog! Just hearing that name make me want to go outside and run all the way to Saskatoon! (Surprise! I live in Canada) When I was just a baby of 2 I was introduced to the world of sonic with his very first game ever, Sonic the hedgehog. I played the hell out of that game for a while until sonic 2 came out, and then I played the hell out of that one. Then sonic 3, sonic 3D blast, sonic and knuckles, S3&K, You name it I have played it. So as you can tell, I am a huge sonic fan. Now, back then I wasn’t aware that Sega had made the Dreamcast so instead I discovered Sonic Adventure DX on the gamecube. It wasn’t until later I found out it was a remake. Trust me I would go back in time and slap my younger self for not watching more TV and missing the commercials for Dreamcast. On to the game now. I have sonic adventure now, and I have beaten it fully.

Sonic adventure is on the top 5 on my list of favorite sonic games for a reason. Its fun, its fast, the music and sounds are perfect, and the game play is just downright awesome! While there are some things in the game that are bad, the good outweighs the bad totally. So I bet your wondering what I think is bad in this game. Well for one I don’t care much for the voice acting too much, not that it’s terrible, it’s just sometimes they say lines and it doesn’t really sound right to the setting that there in. Another think that is weird is that there faces are like play-doh most of the time. Like when sonic sees tail’s plane crash onto the beach and he says *look out tails, you’re going to crash! Ahhh!* Look at his face when he says Ahhh…I guess Eggman’s play-doh face laser really did work. Where was that sonic game?! 0_0

So, You put in the disk and your treated to the sonic team screen. (say that 10 times fast) Then you get to watch the kick ass intro! I love the intro to this game, and (OMGZ SPOILERZEZEZ!!!) when you watch it again on the final chapter (END SPOILERZ!!!) Then you come to the *push start screen* and WHAM! Your hit with the kick ass theme music, and I mean, KICK ASS! Then you’re off to select your character. At the moment you can only pick sonic, but they all unlock as you progress in sonic’s story. You can play as Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Big, E-102 and Supersonic. (Note u can only get Supersonic after you have beaten the game with everyone else)

With sonic your main goal is either to get a chaos emerald or get from point A to point B, With tails its usually a racing type of gameplay where you have to beat sonic to the end, with Amy you have to escape the pursuing robot that is following you, with Knuckles it’s a scavenge type of gameplay where you have to find shards of the master emerald, with big its fishing levels where you have to fish for your frog…ok…with E-102 you usually just have to get to the end and destroy a robot that’s like you, and finally with supersonic it’s the final showdown where you have to defeat chaos once and for all!

Lets talk about the sounds and music now. This game has some of the most amazing pieces of music I have ever heard. From the title screen to the final boss this games soundtrack is just a feast for yours ears. The sounds are good to from the classic ring grab to the enemy smashing. I for one am proud to say that I have A LOT of music from this game and many other sonic games on my iPod and I listen to them more than the other songs I have on my iPod. Crush 40 gets the *your music is awesome* award from me and I'm sure many of you also. I remember showing my iPod to someone I knew at school and her laughing at the fact I had video game music on it, but after she heard Open Your Heart she quickly jotted the band name down and the next day she pumped her IPod with their music.

My recommendations, if you haven’t played this game do it, do it now and don’t look back. You will not regret it at all. Its fun, its exiting, fast, a treat to the ears and eyes, and of Corse ITS FUCKING SONIC! Now, I know our spiky friend has been through a lot lately but I for one and looking forward to sonic 4. After seeing the sonic fan base go a flair with rage I hung my head down in shame at them for doing this. We all need to support the blue lightning in what he does and who knows, we just might get a game that will be the next sonic adventure 2. (My all-time favorite 3D Sonic game) Hmm….Speeking of Sonic Adventure 2…

Sound: 7 (Not many, but there so classic ^^ I love them)

Music: 10 (I LOVE THE MUSIC IN THIS GAME! Crush 40 and Sega are amazing at making music)

Gameplay: 8 (This game has great gameplay, but personally I feel Big’s story brings it to a dead halt)

Graphics: 8 (Very colorful and very nice to look at, but sometimes it can glitch)

Replay value: 9 (I love to play this game even when its done, in DX you have missions and stuff to do but even if its not present in this one I still play It just because ITS FREEKEN SONIC!)

Overall: 8 (Buy this game, play this game, enjoy this game, beat this game, replay this game, and repeat. I don’t have to tell you though because once you play this you will want to play it over again yourself)

~Damaster4u

MrSega

Re: Damaster4u Reviews: Sonic Adventure

Post#2 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:13 pm

I agree with your review. The Sonic Adventure soundtrack is slammin', I still to this day memorizes the lyrics to Knuckles' theme.

My main compaint with the game is that the camera angles are a little glitchy. The nice thing about this glitch is that it only affects Adventure fields. Also Sonic Adventure is a bit too easy.

Overall, this is a great DC flashship title. I vote 8.

Kaizoku ChaosStar
core

Re: Damaster4u Reviews: Sonic Adventure

Post#3 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:08 am

This was the second game I got for Dreamcast, after Chu Chu Rocket.
Connection! Hooray!!!