USB4MAPLE adapter

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

megavolt85
Developer

Re: USB4MAPLE adapter

Post by megavolt85 »

Only PS3 controllers have initialization, all others do not have initialization, they do not require it

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

@megavolt85

Testing device: 8bitdo sn30pro+
Bluetooth adapter: Mayflash Magic NS-Lite
Vibration: works, both motors
Method: 240p Test Suite, game Under Defeat

All in all, a very good day for the usb4maple adapter! :o
Last edited by MoeFoh on Wed May 01, 2024 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

megavolt85 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:42 pm Only PS3 controllers have initialization, all others do not have initialization, they do not require it
The led's blink when the cable is plugged in like the should, but they never go solid. Will continue to investigate. 99.99% sure if the firmware wasn't broken, it would work on your adapter.

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

show me the log, even if it seems to you that there is nothing special in it, for me the log can say a lot.
For example, from the log from sn30pro+ I saw that it did not send the “I’m online” command and thanks to this I was able to add support for Mayflash Magic vibration.
The log is the eyes of the programmer, from the log I understand at what stage the problem occurs, if I don’t have enough information, I can always make firmware with an extended log to understand at what stage the problem occurs

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

No worries - I was working on it.
Pro 2 doesn't work in x-input wired mode with usb4maple OR WingmanSD.
Downgraded firmware to v2.01 - same problem.
Log files says it's in a loop of mounting and unmounting - same as with the 8bitdo v1 Bluetooth adapter.

So I tested the 8bitdo v1 Bluetooth adapter in the WingmanSD and it works.

Workaround: cable into a Mayflash Magic NS 2 and it works with both usb4maple and WingmanSD.

Log file:
PuTTY.pro2.wired-xinput.debug.log.txt
(6.96 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

sonik
Developer

Post by sonik »

It's a common "problem" with various 8bitdo devices. It connects and disconnects too fast and I believe the pico (or tinyusb) can't pick it.
The device itself reports in various modes, like hid and xinput, very fast.
ie: The 8bitdo wireless neogeo pad does this when using it's dongle and it's super hard to get it working. But it does work in pure hid when connected via cable.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

sonik wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:59 am It's a common "problem" with various 8bitdo devices. It connects and disconnects too fast and I believe the pico (or tinyusb) can't pick it.
The device itself reports in various modes, like hid and xinput, very fast.
ie: The 8bitdo wireless neogeo pad does this when using it's dongle and it's super hard to get it working. But it does work in pure hid when connected via cable.
Are you saying a coding fix is probably not likely?

The Mayflash Magic NS 2 has a USB port and supports a bunch of wired controllers - one possible workaround.

sonik
Developer

Post by sonik »

There's some bug reports for this kind of problem with other pico based adapters.
I believe it's possible to fix but it might take a huge effort.
But I would be very happy to see this getting fixed. Maybe Megavolt can crack the case!
EDF! EDF! EDF!

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

@megavolt85
Retro-Bit Sega Saturn USB Controller
-Wiki says you got it working. What is the Guide/Home key(s) and will Mode Switching be an issue. START + A as the default Guide can cause problems, yes?
Manual: can't attach pdf with this new software, status shows "!", why?

I have the wired Genesis and would like to test today.
Manual: can't attach pdf with this new software, status shows "!", why?

Retro-Bit manuals, faq, firmware here: https://retro-bit.com/controllers-support#manuals
Retro-Bit Genesis 8-Button Gamepad
Retro-Bit Genesis 8-Button Gamepad
genesis-8button_sm.png (105.75 KiB) Viewed 195 times
Last edited by MoeFoh on Thu May 02, 2024 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vespa
undertow

Post by Vespa »

megavolt85 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:21 pm
MoeFoh wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:38 pm 8bitdo broke the wired x-input mode on the Pro 2 with a firmware update, so that's a no go.
test vibration with myflash adapter

USB4MAPLE(Myflash vibration test).7z
Awesome, the vibration is working on the Xbox Series pad (wireless) + Magic S Pro 2. Thanks!