Which way are you playing games on Dreamcast?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42

Poll: Which way do you play games on your Dreamcast?

Optical Discs (GD-R/CD-R)
43%
Optical Disc Emulators (GDemu/USB GD-Rom/M.O.D.E.)
51%
Dreamshell (HDD/Serial Port)
7%

Total votes: 120

RMR54
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Monaco GP, SA2, Daytona, F355, POD, AFO

Re: Which way are you playing games on Dreamcast?

Post by RMR54 »

GD’s and OG DC from 2007. Still going strong with only a Noctua fan and greased internals. Looks like she will stay that way for a long time. Reads burned games as well.
Dreamin' :mrgreen:

djhazardous
lithium

Post by djhazardous »

All 3 for me but mostly GDEMU :D

redjeff76
Anarki

Post by redjeff76 »

I think we need to add a category for BOTH Optical Disc and GDEMU. Like I play my games on both options. I own a Dreamshell, but I have yet to use it. I figure as far as game playing goes... what's the point if you have the other 2 options.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post by dubcity »

I'm asking one vote per user. It's ok in post to say all the other options you have. But I made this poll for homebrew/indie research. So I want unique user numbers. Giving members the ability to check multiple boxes will inflate the numbers and we won't know how many unique users are out there.

There are thousands registered for this site but only 150 who have voted.