Gens4Dreams RC3: Shangri-La, 2/3/2023

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Re: Gens4Dreams RC3: Shangri-La, 2/3/2023

Post#131 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:46 am

I've tested it last night and OMG, playing Sonic 3D blast director's cut like crazy!

This is the best Genesis emulator for the Dreamcast.
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

WedgeStratos
blackout!

Post#132 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:18 pm

fafadou wrote:
WedgeStratos wrote:
On a personal note, thanks for the wait, everyone.

Thanks to you ! Happy to read you are better now.
I'll try this emulator this evening, the previous version with the fantastic rom folder in the ide drive made by @megavolt85, can't boot the "homebrew" the cursed knight and demons of asteborg. Hope this time it will be good.

Note I have nothing to do with the development of the emulator itself, I simply curated and configured the games for better performance and quality. If the emulator fails to run certain games, be it retail or homebrew, I can't do anything about that. Gens4Dreams RC3 is simply revising the games on-file, it still uses Gens4all 4.3 as it did with RC2.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#133 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:25 am

And is it possible to add the cursed knight ?

Rome1u
shadow

Post#134 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:42 am

Hey [quote="WedgeStratos"] thanks for the effort. I have been playing a little bit and It is fantastic. Best megadrive emulator, best compilation.
By the way, the Toy Story game has a glitch (I think this is the correct term) It appears an horizontal line distorted and unfortunately It ruins the game. Please look at this when you can.

Thank you all!

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#135 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:23 pm

Rome1u wrote:Hey
WedgeStratos wrote: thanks for the effort. I have been playing a little bit and It is fantastic. Best megadrive emulator, best compilation.
By the way, the Toy Story game has a glitch (I think this is the correct term) It appears an horizontal line distorted and unfortunately It ruins the game. Please look at this when you can.

Thank you all!

From what I remember, you can fix this to some extent in the emulation menu.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#136 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:10 pm

I4m looking to isos and there are all zip...
If I have a .bin one what software to zip it do you recommend ?

Rome1u
shadow

Post#137 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:13 pm

OlivusPrime wrote:
WedgeStratos wrote: thanks for the effort. I have been playing a little bit and It is fantastic. Best megadrive emulator, best compilation.

Thank you all!

As you said, I changed in the video options menu to cell scroll and to a certain extent is less annoying because the horizontal line distorted appear but disappear fastly. It would be nice if it can be solved anyway.

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#138 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:10 am

WedgeStratos wrote:Gens4Dreams
Gens4all v4.3, RC3: Shangri-La, released 2/3/2023

Hi Wedge, just a heads up that the ROM file for Ecco the Dolphin is still missing from this release of Gens4Dreams.

WedgeStratos
blackout!

Post#139 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:10 am

fafadou wrote:I4m looking to isos and there are all zip...
If I have a .bin one what software to zip it do you recommend ?

Anything will do. Windows can zip files if you right click, Send To, Compressed (zipped) folder. I use 7zip.

Rome1u wrote:
OlivusPrime wrote:

As you said, I changed in the video options menu to cell scroll and to a certain extent is less annoying because the horizontal line distorted appear but disappear fastly. It would be nice if it can be solved anyway.

I can set Cell Scroll default but anything more would have to be looked at by TapamN. Personally on VGA to a projector, I didn't find one better over another. None of the options available really solve it, just changes what's happening.

OlivusPrime wrote:Hi Wedge, just a heads up that the ROM file for Ecco the Dolphin is still missing from this release of Gens4Dreams.

Fixing. Thanks for the heads up.

In regards to fixing, I am fixing the shadow overlap issue by just setting shadows off in Virtua Fighter 2. Game looks a little flat but is better than looking busted. I'm aware of a crashing issue with Ristar but my hopes of reproducing it on a PC emulator have been fruitless, so I may just try switching the ROM out with a newer one? I can't seem to find any builds after September '94.

Is there any other issues I'm missing right now? I'm already trying adding new content, first with an Alien Soldier 6 button hack.

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#140 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:51 pm

WedgeStratos wrote:Is there any other issues I'm missing right now? I'm already trying adding new content, first with an Alien Soldier 6 button hack.

Thanks for your continued hard work on this. On the topic of Ecco, do you know if Ecco Jr. works in this emulator? Could be nice to have the full Mega Drive trilogy present.