GTA 3 on Dreamcast: Real or fake?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

MashDC43
lithium

Post#1 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:38 am

hello friends, I made a cool video about GTA 3 for Dreamcast, with all the real information about the legend of the port for the Sega Console, I gathered a lot of information, I hope you like it !!
the video is in 'portuguese -br' but has subtitles in english and spanish!
thank you :idea:

https://youtu.be/Mi2Gvy_nDJQ
Attachments
photoxlts dfs.jpg

MashDC43
lithium

Re: GTA 3 on Dreamcast: Real or fake?

Post#2 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:59 am

My Dream GTA 3 in Dreamcast :(

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#3 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:02 pm

Not sure the big deal really.. If coded for course it could be real .. But no one is going to..

matador
dark night

Post#4 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:18 pm

GTA 3 on Dreamcast: became Legend

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:20 pm

matador wrote:GTA 3 on Dreamcast: became Legend

And face many legal problems.. Apart from i never liked the game .. You need some one that a good coder and likes the game..

I have never liked bashing people stealing cars and no real story other then being a crim ..

I dont like openworld games they bor me to tears..

Ps2 game runs so crap most of the time below 20fps dips to 10fps yet people play this? Dreamcast version would not be much change from it longer load times there is nothing in it's that's not possible on a Dreamcast.. Does not matter what any dev said about it be fps only that makes little to no logic i can run half life on dc 3rd person same frame rate as fps mode.. Games like head hunter and crazy taxi show a version could be made..

I think the ship has sailed to me of this game having any impact on me.. Not some magic thing just boring as batshit to me..
Bloody psp runs pretty much the same game so if you dont like psp version think slightly less then that you have the dc version.. Less cars shorter draw distance same game.. Not like the game ever needed more then a cdr of data with compression to run..Most of it is music files that take up most of the space.. Can make a pc rip of gt3 under 400mb running on pc..

cast128dreams
minority

Post#6 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:51 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
matador wrote:GTA 3 on Dreamcast: became Legend

And face many legal problems.. Apart from i never liked the game .. You need some one that a good coder and likes the game..

I have never liked bashing people stealing cars and no real story other then being a crim ..

I dont like openworld games they bor me to tears..

Ps2 game runs so crap most of the time below 20fps dips to 10fps yet people play this? Dreamcast version would not be much change from it longer load times there is nothing in it's that's not possible on a Dreamcast.. Does not matter what any dev said about it be fps only that makes little to no logic i can run half life on dc 3rd person same frame rate as fps mode.. Games like head hunter and crazy taxi show a version could be made..

I think the ship has sailed to me of this game having any impact on me.. Not some magic thing just boring as batshit to me..
Bloody psp runs pretty much the same game so if you dont like psp version think slightly less then that you have the dc version.. Less cars shorter draw distance same game.. Not like the game ever needed more then a cdr of data with compression to run..Most of it is music files that take up most of the space.. Can make a pc rip of gt3 under 400mb running on pc..
Very well said my friend... Apart from that
... dreamcast with VQ Compression engine on gta3 would make things easier and free up some main ram.

MashDC43
lithium

Post#7 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:05 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Not sure the big deal really.. If coded for course it could be real .. But no one is going to..

Omikron is a great example of how GTA 3 would work, maybe with several rendering points around the city, I don't know, I don't have Property to talk about!
But it would be curious, I would be willing!
Last edited by MashDC43 on Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#8 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:20 pm

MashDC43 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Not sure the big deal really.. If coded for course it could be real .. But no one is going to..

Omikron é um ótimo exemplo de como funcionaria o GTA 3,talvez com vários pontos de renderização pela cidade,não sei,não tenho Propriedade pra falar sobre esse assunto!
Mas seria curioso,eu estaria disposto!

Runaboult and Tokyo bus are also good examples.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#9 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:00 pm

Get a PS2 fuck war

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#10 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:28 pm

mistamontiel wrote:Get a PS2 fuck war

better off with old og xbox or mid 2000 laptop if you want play old shit like this lol.. Ps2 version is utter crap always was
Grand Theft Auto III framerate test to show how the game runs on the Playstation 2.

FPS results:

Min: 12.00
Max: 31.00
Average: 26.01
1st Percentile: 16.00
5th Percentile: 19.00

runs like ass

tons of ps2 games hardly run at more then 20fps with dips to 12 fps.. the old rose colour glasses.. THis on ps2 runs worst then half life on dc ..
bandicam 2023-01-28 21-50-22-367.jpg

This runs just as bad years later
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.