Dreamcast 4XM video testing

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: Dreamcast 4XM video testing

Post#231 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:40 pm

can .gdi go past 1gb size?
or is it limited to original gd rom size?

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#232 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:48 pm

Dreamon loader does work with dreamshell, just never had any luck with playing video. Tho I never really tried that hard..

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#233 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:57 pm

it does? nice.
i could be wrong but from what i remember ginsu did not work.
now i wonder what loaders will work with dreamshell?

dreamon- yes
ginsu- no
dreamexpress- ?
dorimaga- ?
dream inducer- ?

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#234 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:05 am

Gdi builder is limited to 1.1 gigs. Not sure if it is the format limit or just the tools

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#235 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:07 am

-drez01- wrote:Gdi builder is limited to 1.1 gigs. Not sure if it is the format limit or just the tools

Is it possible?

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#236 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:02 am

what if you used the bleemcast selfboot script or original echelon selfboot, swap mkisofs with xorriso or genisoimage?
use a dvd-rw , burn the first session with a dummy file to push 2nd session start to 11700.
then add in all data and full 4xm video to 2nd session.

next create an iso image of the dvd-rw.
an .iso with 2 sessions, start 2nd session at 11700.

is it possible to create this type of iso? will gdemu boot an .iso?
cdi4dc might convert this iso and give a negative value.
probably not since it seems cdi4dc will only convert past limit with a single session iso?

if you used bleemcast selfboot script, burn 4xm video as 1st session and then data at 2nd session, it would not work since I doubt 4xm player would find the 4xm video in 1st session. (even if you added ginsu.ini to 1st session lol)

???????????
idk

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#237 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:32 am

could have 4 gdroms at 1.1gb if they ever did it that's how it would of had to be.. Plus it would been 12x speed not slow mil cd.. anything over 2gb does not boot standard even on emulators..

You can custom make large images for dreamshell ide much much larger..