Official NTSC-U Region Light Gun Discovered

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Illacky
noob

Re: Official NTSC-U Region Light Gun Discovered

Post#31 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:07 am

Do these patches change the region on the Japanese light gun itself or do they patch the game files? I’m in a similar boat with an OEM import light gun.

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#32 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:15 am

I would like to know how one can realize our Lightgun is JP or US or PAL ? I recently bought one (Have no mark, it's third party I guess very similar to Original SEGA JP version, auto fire, etc) I am trying to play some games: Some works, some not
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

VioletValkyria
noob

Post#33 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:06 pm

I've got an imported light gun too. Are there patches for the other problem titles?

megavolt85
Developer

Post#34 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:40 am

VioletValkyria wrote:Are there patches for the other problem titles?

There are no patches, only patched GDI images of all NTSC-U games. You need several posts, after which your page will be activated and the download section will become available to you

VioletValkyria
noob

Post#35 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:42 pm

megavolt85 wrote:

There are no patches, only patched GDI images of all NTSC-U games. You need several posts, after which your page will be activated and the download section will become available to you

Cool! Thank you!

Vekked
shadow

Post#36 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:51 am

megavolt85 wrote:

Ooo nice, thanks :D

Stump909
shadow

Post#37 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:03 pm

Glad I found this thread!

Grobles87
noob

Post#38 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:22 pm

I am about to purchase an imported Japanese official light gun because of this thread but I want to confirm with someone if the patched games work without issue. I have a GDEmu so I would be loading the GDI files to an SD card. Has anyone had success loading the patched HotD2, Confidential Mission and Death Crimson OX?

kdoll248
noob

Post#39 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:48 pm

Found this thread looking for the light gun patches to use the Japanese light gun with the US roms. Need to post a few times to access the link apparently. Awesome work to fix this Megavolt.

guardianali
noob

Post#40 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:46 pm

Thats awesome. I wish they had released it despite the tragedy