Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

MoeFoh
Uber

Re: Atomiswave to Dreamcast CDI releases centralization

Post#211 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:32 am

MarkCerny wrote:
saku3 wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:
Wait, you got this version of Faster Than Speed to run on a Dreamcast with just an optical drive?

yes I burn in cd and run fine

any chance to re upload that file? i wanna try CDI on burned CDR. thanks!

See this later post:
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=13612&start=160#p158879
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

MarkCerny
shadow

Post#212 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:10 pm

MoeFoh wrote:
MarkCerny wrote:
saku3 wrote:yes I burn in cd and run fine

See this later post:
https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... 60#p158879

thanks a lot pal!

is this confirmed to work on CD-r and good old dreamcast?

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#213 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:06 am

MarkCerny wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:
MarkCerny wrote:

See this later post:

thanks a lot pal!

Reading with comprehension is a skill.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

saku3
minority

Post#214 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:32 am

MarkCerny wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:
MarkCerny wrote:

See this later post:

thanks a lot pal!

yes I confirm, te cdi works fine burned in a cdr

MarkCerny
shadow

Post#215 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:04 pm

thanks MoeFoh and saku3, game works perfectly.

it's an interesting little racing game, nothing really outstanding but a nice addition to the dreamcast non-official catalogue.
seems to be using Sega GT engine with some additions, like new lighting/neon effects and double texture cars.

gaucheGoose
noob

Post#216 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:42 pm

Anyone have a working link for the KOF XI cdi? I can't find a working link anywhere.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#217 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:59 pm

Main thing why these people want CDI versions is so they can sell them on ebay and etsy which there appearing now.. Which is shame for all the work megavolt did these parasites earn money on work that was given freely to this community..

I have seen all these for sale on ebay after each request

example https://www.ebay.com/itm/275106904348?h ... SwVcFh3rOh what a load of crap cant sell them on sd card hey lol

3 available
51 sold / See feedback sold 51 copies of megavolts work

This derp made $2550 off megavolts free project to this scene ..

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#218 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:22 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Main thing why these people want CDI versions is so they can sell them on ebay and etsy which there appearing now.. Which is shame for all the work megavolt did these parasites earn money on work that was given freely to this community..

example https://www.ebay.com/itm/275106904348?h ... SwVcFh3rOh what a load of crap cant sell them on sd card hey lol

3 available

Its a minimal amount of people doing this. Its ridiculous to think every one is doing this and just comes off as bitter. Most likely the guy just wants to play.

Anyways ppl will do it with whatever. Remember people selling burned emulators for dc? Same thing.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#219 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:32 am

cloofoofoo wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Main thing why these people want CDI versions is so they can sell them on ebay and etsy which there appearing now.. Which is shame for all the work megavolt did these parasites earn money on work that was given freely to this community..

3 available

Its a minimal amount of people doing this. Its ridiculous to think every one is doing this and just comes off as bitter. Most likely the guy just wants to play.

Anyways ppl will do it with whatever. Remember people selling burned emulators for dc? Same thing.

Yeah the same guy is selling lot of my stuff as well and ports and other things found lot more more on other places when a kickstarter cant even get funded for real development yet 51 people buy a free project on cdr maybe people have a right to be bitter..

I noticed when requests where made few days or weeks later it's for sale on ebay

] megavolt85: Atomiswave games are just awful when run from a CD-R, does anyone really buy them
https://resurrection-games.com/collecti ... t-homebrew ?
megavolt85: as soon as the openlara is completed, it will immediately begin to be sold on etsy and ebay, as was the case with atomiswave games

Thing is above site is selling my dreamneo cd collection it has my name on the title intro and email I guess like the old days we have to start putting intros that say if you bought this you have been scammed this is a free project..

Where it's lot people or not this sort of money being made on dev's work they give for free does not encourage any one to do more..
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#220 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:42 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
cloofoofoo wrote:

3 available

Yeah the same guy is selling lot of my stuff as well and ports and other things found lot more more on other places when a kickstarter cant even get funded for real development yet 51 people buy a free project on cdr maybe people have a right to be bitter..

While i comprehend your resentment IMO youre looking at it wrong. Those 51 people did not care to back kickstarters and probably wasnt their cup of tea so never would have . Its unfortunate. I personally think the demand for 2d homebrew for dc( because lets be real, those are usually the ones not being funded) is super small.