Some new information about the Dreamcast zip drive, the mysterious cancelled accessory from Sega

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Loloretro
chill
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Nothings

Some new information about the Dreamcast zip drive, the mysterious cancelled accessory from Sega

Post by Loloretro »

I was able to speak with someone who worked on the unreleased module project, the Zip Drive Dreamcast.

It is my dream to get my hands on this prototype to conclude my collecting adventure. Nowadays, owning it would be useless but it's the challenge of finding it that I like.

He tells us more about this mysterious accessory, including the reasons for its cancellation.

To read below :

https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-pr ... unreleased

Being Swiss, I had contacted Swatch in order to know the progress of the project between the watch company and Sega about a watch connected to the Dreamcast. The archivist had done some research, he only found some contracts.

https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-pr ... ry-of-plus
Londinium
dirty sailor
Dreamcast Games you play Online: I'm up for anything

Re: Some new information about the Dreamcast zip drive, the mysterious cancelled accessory from Sega

Post by Londinium »

So, basically, if I'm understanding this correctly, Sega wanted to make the Dreamcast even more of a PC?

That'd be cool
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
hawkangel
Fancy Pants Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online

Re: Some new information about the Dreamcast zip drive, the mysterious cancelled accessory from Sega

Post by hawkangel »

It never ceases to amaze me with new information being revealed how ahead of its time the Dreamcast really was.
There were plans of a smartwatch before smartwatches were a thing.