Accessing Dreamcast-Live from a Dreamcast

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

hobbycorp
shadow

Accessing Dreamcast-Live from a Dreamcast

Post#1 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:13 pm

Hey, guys.

Earlier today I managed to touch base with the Dreamcast Live DLC section from my Sonic Adventure disc. This was awesome because it allowed me to download quite a few save files to my VMU directly from the site. That said, I cannot for the life of me remember how I made it to the Dreamcast Live site from the Sonic Adventure disc :?

I've clicked around on just about everything there is to be clicked and can't seem to make it back to the Dreamcast Live site to download new VMU saves. Is there a link I'm missing? Is there any easier way to access websites on a Dreamcast? Are the Web Browser discs supported? I tried one of mine in an attempt to simply punch the name of the website in but the browser didn't boot up. I'm assuming the browsers are not supported.

Any information, tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I struck gold by stumbling upon all of those VMU saves but now I can't get back to them!

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Accessing Dreamcast-Live from a Dreamcast

Post#2 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:37 pm

Put a dc. before

dc.dreamcastlive.net

My man

hobbycorp
shadow

Re: Accessing Dreamcast-Live from a Dreamcast

Post#3 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:41 pm

Okay, so I finally found my way back to the Dreamcast Live site via the browser included in Sonic Adventure.

I clicked on "Main" while on the Dream Pipe Bulletin Board, then I clicked on VMU! :roll:

Sorry about making a post for all of this. Still curious as to whether or not the Web Browsers are currently supported, though. When I try to fire up my Web Browser 2.0, my screen gets stuck on "Modem Init". Anyone else have the same issue? I'm still really green to all of this so I'm guessing I'm doing something incorrectly.