Reporting possible trojan on dreamcast-live

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Gocha
letterbomb

Reporting possible trojan on dreamcast-live

Post#1 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:38 am

Hi everyone, I know almost nothing about coumputer, so don't mind me if I'm talking nonsense, but I just want to report that my computer is blocking dreamcastlive.net because it detects a trojan virus on the site.

I just post it here so some of the admins can give me more information about what is it, if it is dangerous and if anyone has encountered a similar issue.

The translation would be something like "website blocked due to a trojan"

trojan.png

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I updated my antivirus protection because I had a crazy mail on my spam box showing one of my passwords and saying they had all my info and were asking form a crazy amount of money from me, otherwise they would share all the information to my contacts. I would never fall for that sh*t but in some way or another the got one of my passwords, so I had to clean all my computer.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Reporting possible trojan on dreamcast-live

Post#2 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:51 am

It's definitely a false positive. I can guarantee there are no viruses on the site. lol A lot of people seem to be having this issue with Malwarebytes. Just a quick Google search will show a lot of results just from this year. I would recommend posting on their forum.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Gocha
letterbomb

Re: Reporting possible trojan on dreamcast-live

Post#3 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:16 am

Thanks for the quick response PC ;)