half life?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: half life?

Post#21 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:54 pm

Anthony817 is one of the best archivist in the Dreamcast community.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Stewcumber
rebel

Post#22 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:53 pm

Bumping an old thread...

I am looking to play Half Life on my PAL Dreamcast. I've burnt the disk using Imgburn with the CDI extension. However I assume the game is a NTSC game and therefore my PAL DC won't play it? The version I downloaded runs fine in Redream on windows.

If I boot with Utopia first, can I get around this? If so do I have to be in VGA mode or can I stay on RGB SCART (my tv can handle NTSC fine I believe).

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#23 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:11 am

Pretty much all .CDI's you find on the WWW are region-free patched, so you can play it on any region Dreamcast. No need to use the utopia disc, actually its best practice to never use that one as it can cause weird bugs in a variety of games.

Cass
MegaDeath

Post#24 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:26 am

Might just be the CDR - CDI image burning can be a little hit and miss.

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#25 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:18 pm

I believe that the biggest culprit for the delay in loading screens is the poorly optimized texture files for the Dreamcast. When you analyze the disk data you can see that there are huge files for textures.