GAME SHARK CDX (Game Enhancer for DC) Strange format anyone can convert it to GDI/CDI ?

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

GAME SHARK CDX (Game Enhancer for DC) Strange format anyone can convert it to GDI/CDI ?

Post#1 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:47 pm

GAME SHARK CDX (Game Enhancer for Dreamcast)

Hi: I have this file in a strange format and I wanted to know if anyone can convert this game enhancer that was released at the time of Dreamcast years. It was a device to plug in the Joystick like a VMU.
Gameshark - CDx (PAL) - Front.jpg

gameshark-cdx-sega-dreamcast-CD and Case.jpg

Game Shark CDX.jpg

sega-dreamcast-gameshark-lite-video_1.jpg

gameshark-cdx-sega-dreamcast-complete.jpg

I upload the file, for me inaccesible, in a strange format if anyone can convert it to use the software in Dreamshell or GDEmu

BOOT3.jpg
BOOT3.jpg (25.08 KiB) Viewed 15959 times

Link Mega: https://mega.nz/file/TfZQhRiY#-X0S6A4yE ... w7e2L6fPck
Attachments
Game Shark CDX (DC Game Enhancer).rar
(736.68 KiB) Downloaded 2115 times
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

megavolt85
Developer

Re: GAME SHARK CDX (Game Enhancer for DC) Strange format anyone can convert it to GDI/CDI ?

Post#2 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:25 pm

Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:Hi: I have this file in a strange format and I wanted to know if anyone can convert this game enhancer that was released at the time of Dreamcast years. It was a device to plug in the Joystick like a VMU.

this is a VMU for storing cheat codes, but the VMU is not simple, it also serves to protect against copying GAME SHARK

GAME SHARK won't work without this VMU

P.S. there are hacked versions of GAME SHARK on the Internet that work without a special VMU

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Re: GAME SHARK CDX (Game Enhancer for DC) Strange format anyone can convert it to GDI/CDI ?

Post#3 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:10 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:Hi: I have this file in a strange format and I wanted to know if anyone can convert this game enhancer that was released at the time of Dreamcast years. It was a device to plug in the Joystick like a VMU.

this is a VMU for storing cheat codes, but the VMU is not simple, it also serves to protect against copying GAME SHARK

GAME SHARK won't work without this VMU

P.S. there are hacked versions of GAME SHARK on the Internet that work without a special VMU

It can work on DS that hacked version in any way ?
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

megavolt85
Developer

Post#4 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:19 pm

no, DS don't support change disc

Metro City
lithium

Post#5 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:29 pm

GameShark 3.3 it's very good for DC, but someone who knows programming needs to modify ip.bin as the codebreaker for game selection by pressing A.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#6 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:35 pm

Metro City wrote:GameShark 3.3 it's very good for DC, but someone who knows programming needs to modify ip.bin as the codebreaker for game selection by pressing A.

mr neo has done this already but sadly lost his work on the project.

Metro City
lithium

Post#7 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:41 am

arrrggg it is a pity!!! I am looking in all ways how to save new games on codebreaker but there is no way, whatever you do even if you change vmu, it always tells you that it does not find it, has any of you solved it?

brunovieira90
minority

Post#8 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:09 am

Metro City wrote:arrrggg it is a pity!!! I am looking in all ways how to save new games on codebreaker but there is no way, whatever you do even if you change vmu, it always tells you that it does not find it, has any of you solved it?

have you ever tried using a formatted vmu to start storing codes? it may be that way.

Metro City
lithium

Post#9 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:57 am

brunovieira90 wrote:
Metro City wrote:arrrggg it is a pity!!! I am looking in all ways how to save new games on codebreaker but there is no way, whatever you do even if you change vmu, it always tells you that it does not find it, has any of you solved it?

have you ever tried using a formatted vmu to start storing codes? it may be that way.

I tried to format it, to use a new vmu and to format this too but it doesn't work anyway....