Computer Problem

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

K_I_R_E_E_K

Re: Computer Problem

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Well it seems that i still have the problem meaning i don't know why the computer turns on when i remove a usb device.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, AFO, PBA, 4x4 Evo, IGP, Planet Ring and Max Pool

Post by Bob Dobbs »

I do not know if you are using Windows XP, 2k or the evil Vista. I do have a link for you from the Microsoft forum (yes, the trouble-makers themselves).

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/935267/
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I use XP

I just find strange that the bios resets each time and thet the computer turns on when i unplug a usb device (sometimes, not always).

Btw, this only happens when i turn off the power suply to all devices (monitor, computer and speakers), my best option now is to turn them off manually and leave the power on (the power remains on on the extension)

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Sorry for double post.

Computer is in for repairs, no image is displayed on the screen and the computer will turn on after shuting it down.

Since it's a power manegment problem then i have no choice.

Gary_b
Quantic Dream
Dreamcast Games you play Online: all of them

Post by Gary_b »

well it turns out that my problem was the power supply all this time. it took a giant shit on me last week. i am now back up and running with a new PSU and the PC is running smooth. idk why it worked better for a while after i cleaned the wires. i still need to test the burner. i think i will do that later today.

having my main PC back feels great. i was using my old P3 for the last few days. it was really slow so i tried to help it by putting in a Video card. that way its 1MB of video ram could go up to 32MB. after i put the video card in and rebooted the PC, for some reason a DLL got corrupted and windows XP took a giant shit on me too. i said fuck windows and put Ubuntu on it and so far its running nicely with Linux. only if i could get the damn printer sharing to work right. that's all i really used that old PC for in the past, a print server.

Gary_b
Quantic Dream
Dreamcast Games you play Online: all of them

Post by Gary_b »

burner has been tested many times and it works good. does anyone know how to set up print sharing on Ubuntu 9.04? i tried guides on the web, but they all assume that i know a lot about unbuntu.