PSO Ver 2 wont connect to the internet.

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

VKNIGHT20
core

PSO Ver 2 wont connect to the internet.

Post#1 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:22 pm

So my copy of Ver 2 arrived today and I couldnt get it to connect online. When I click online, it loads for a while and then freezes for about 30 seconds (on the screen where it looks like your in space with the glowing white circle in the middle). It then pops up with an error message saying ‘The line was disconnected due to network error(s). Please try again later.’. Could someone tell me how to fix this?

TL;DR for people in the future: You just have to download a sylverant patcher, burn it to a cd, and run it like a boot disc. Super simple and not a hassle.
Last edited by VKNIGHT20 on Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John 3:16

RetroAMS
undertow

Re: PSO Ver 2 wont connect to the internet.

Post#2 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:00 pm

I presume since you are trying to run the original disk you're rocking a standard GDROM drive and not a GDEMU or another solution.

Do you have access to a CD burner? The original disk won't work without a patcher.

see https://psopalace.sylverant.net and https://dreamcastlive.net/connection-guide/

The above sites should explain everything. You need to burn a patcher disk or one of the optimised full game disks from the PSO palace site. If your copy came with a unique serial number and key then you can use that of course, and there are benefits to this vs using a shared serial. IF there is already a serial number and key saved to your dreamcast you will need to erase this using the dreamcast flash memory eraser tool on the PSO Palace site before you can input your own key.

RetroAMS
undertow

Post#3 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:24 pm

I should also warn you if you want to continue using an existing character but want to switch to using a unique serial/key you won't be able to use your saved character anymore... and would need to start from scratch. Unless you asked for help from one of the sylverant admins to do a character transfer. Or just don't switch to new serial/key.

VKNIGHT20
core

Post#4 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:37 pm

I’m sorry i’m kinda confused by your post. So basically the original game disc doesnt work online? I already used my new serial code on a character I transferred from pso ver 1. I dont even have any blank cd discs that I know of. I spent around 30 bucks on this game so I do want to use the og disc online. If I misunderstood you, do you think you can put it in more Layman’s terms?

RetroAMS
undertow

Post#5 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:45 pm

You can use your disk yes, but you need to run a patch disk first to play online and then swap to your original disk when prompted. If you don't do this it won't connect.

Read those two websites and you'll understand, they're both very informative.

I bought an original disk too even though I have a gdemu installed so can't physically use it. I basically paid so that I could use a unique serial and key due to the benefits that brings. Handy to have a manual too.

VKNIGHT20
core

Post#6 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:37 pm

I appreciate the response. I wasnt able to see, so I’m wondering if I have to run it everytime I insert the disc and want to play online, or just once?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#7 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:49 pm

VKNIGHT20 wrote:I appreciate the response. I wasnt able to see, so I’m wondering if I have to run it everytime I insert the disc and want to play online, or just once?

You put it in every time you want to play online.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live