RESIDENT EVIL SURVIVOR Port ?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

RESIDENT EVIL SURVIVOR Port ?

Post#1 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:01 am

Survivor you could not save your game anyway , Just Continues ,

Only saves were at the end for the 1 and only unlockable item , So no big deal on having no save feature.

Is it possible for someone to bring this RE Title to dreamcast ?

It's basically a 1st Person game that used RE2 Assets.

Or perhaps who could we talk to about making RESIDENT EVIL Skinned Half Life mod ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i3aAbPPvWc

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: RESIDENT EVIL SURVIVOR Port ?

Post#2 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:33 pm

You need the source code, or ask deluxux nicely if he will check if it works on Bleem beta for you.The Source is not available for RE games at all to the best of my knowledge, and Japanese development studios, always at a premium for space in smaller cramped studios than Western ones, tend to throw out dev units containing source code at an extremely higher rate to developers outside of Japan.

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#3 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:06 pm

OK Makes sense , yeah since survivor does not really have a saving system it's fine not being able to save to a VMU Stick lol.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:45 pm

That sounds like a prime candidate for the Bleem treatment then. I will mention it to him and see what he says.

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#5 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:59 pm

Anthony817 wrote:That sounds like a prime candidate for the Bleem treatment then. I will mention it to him and see what he says.

Cool , yeah Survivor had like an old school thing going on , No Saves , Just Continues , If you got killed you used a Continue.

The only time you save was at the end and that would only be worth it if you unlocked the Unlimited Rocket Launcher,

which who cares its just 1 unlockable which ends up making the game beyond too easy afterwards lol :mrgreen:

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#6 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:43 pm

I tried the game as is and got nothing, then I ripped the Intro videos and still got nothing, I found a rip of the game and I was able to get to the main menu and press start. After this it was the black screen with the text story and then nothing, The game is running we just cant see anything.

Originally conceived as a light-gun game (Capcom opted to take this feature out of the U.S. release, citing heightened tension over gun violence), it essentially plays like one.

Ha kinda crazy censorship!

Anyways I ripped all the pics and videos and converted them to png and avi

Code: Select all

https://mega.nz/file/LsoiwT5Q#xkFC2K4tMDUvbrq1DOlprWuzo8lB6qKDPbfJ1T0DETY

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#7 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:19 am

deluxux wrote:I tried the game as is and got nothing, then I ripped the Intro videos and still got nothing, I found a rip of the game and I was able to get to the main menu and press start. After this it was the black screen with the text story and then nothing, The game is running we just cant see anything.

Originally conceived as a light-gun game (Capcom opted to take this feature out of the U.S. release, citing heightened tension over gun violence), it essentially plays like one.

Ha kinda crazy censorship!

Anyways I ripped all the pics and videos and converted them to png and avi

Code: Select all

https://mega.nz/file/LsoiwT5Q#xkFC2K4tMDUvbrq1DOlprWuzo8lB6qKDPbfJ1T0DETY

So no dice ? I have ISO Of the PS1 Version , This game was on PC as well. Yeah would trying to insert the stuff back in as different Formats work ?
Or better would the new formats work inside a different game , Like reskinning QUAKE or Doom ?

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#8 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:16 am

No you can't just change formats...

Lots of cool pics in the zip i guess it could be a good way to get inspired...
I doubt anything is usable in Quake without modifications.

Do lightguns even work on Bleem!?

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#9 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:25 am

Lightgun was removed from the US Version , So you would be pointing it with the Analog Stick or D PAD.

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#10 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:03 pm

I'm out to find this guy , DOOM 2 and it has all the SURVIVOR Stuff stuck in it ? If that's the old PC game maybe it can be brought to dreamcast ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LBbemKviyw