FULL Online Games List - 225 Titles!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: FULL Online Games List - 225 Titles!

Post#41 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:29 pm

Been testing several Japanese games (One game at a time) and used Google Translate app on my phone to translate the text using the Camera. Not always perfect results but with some guesswork it makes isolating each game's potential net features a lot easier.

I'm not finished by any means, but there are already a few outlying oddities;
Battle Beaster - had a DLC mode and/or leaderboard event "coming soon" that never ended up coming out.

Dancing Blade: Kattani II and Imperial Fighter of Zero are not VGA compatible, as they wouldn't show a picture on my TV past the DC boot logo. A shame, as I don't think I have a way around this flaw. There may be more like this, but I'll mark them as I find them.

Guilty Gear X - Had no idea what this was. Pleasantly surprised to find a 2D Fighting title with online Leaderboards.

Lakemasters Pro - I can't find the website. The game browser uses http://www.lakemasters.com (then is cut off and can't be read) but this turns up nothing on Wayback Machine. Likely lost.

Love Hina - Doesn't have a browser, nor multiplayer, nor voice or leaderboards or DLC. It's online connectivity is specifically to send emails/download emails from characters from the game. A strange attempt to continue a romantic relationship with the characters once the game is complete?

Milky Season - Despite having a website, and the box stating it is Modem compatible, I didn't find an option for the browser to view the site. The site only has game info anyway, but even stranger is this title appears to have lots of DLC on the disc ready to save to your VMU - even for games that aren't Milky Season (but presumably by the same publisher/company). If you are into your visual romance novels, then there's DLC on this disc for Milky Season, Memories Off, Never 7, Close To, Yume no Tsubasa and Tentama. The strange thing is most of these games have browsers on disc, but no DLC on the sites. Perhaps this was an attempt to strongarm people into buying a new game disc? Very odd.

Net de Para - Mario Party style game. Might be interesting to be translated. Allows for online play.

Roommania #203 - What the hell is this game? Seaman is pretty crazy, being a game where you raise pet fish who talk to you. But Roommania is a "life simulation" game where you live in a small flat with a man and have to throw balls around the flat to either annoy or placate him. Who's life is this meant to be simulating? XD

I'm up to Segakara for Dreamcast, Shinri, Spawn: In the Demon's Hand, Sports Jam, Tantei Shinshi Dash and Treasure Strike.

colgate
Doom

Post#42 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:33 pm

Japanese Mr driller allows you to create a different save file for some kind of contest. I think it had leaderboards as well. Long time since I played with it, but it has some secrets for sure.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#43 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:59 am

Hanagumi Taisen Columns 2
https://sakura-taisen.com/archives/game/hanacola2/
Looks like the website is still online with some VMI files for download.
It had VMU files on Disc, I copied over with VMU Explorer and they are playable in game.
Also the DP2.INI file has the web addresses it connects to listed in the file.
And also the PVR files have text on them.

This one looks possible to bring back, and maybe even translate!
Attachments
HTC2_Files.zip
(2.77 KiB) Downloaded 355 times

megavolt85
Developer

Post#44 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:30 pm

deluxux wrote:Looks like the website is still online with some VMI files for download.

VMS too ;)

ok, i'm make site backup and static link
Anyone willing to translate to English?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#45 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:52 pm

deluxux wrote:https://sakura-taisen.com/archives/game/hanacola2/
Looks like the website is still online with some VMI files for download.

The DLC is available from the DLC archive:

https://dreamcastlive.net/hanagumi-tais ... mns-2-dlc/
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

megavolt85
Developer

Post#46 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:09 pm

Hanagumi Taisen Columns 2 site back up

hanacola2.7z
(214.64 KiB) Downloaded 389 times

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#47 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:52 am

Sorry, I've been missing (wandering the dark lol) for a while. Nice, you got the Hanagumi Taisen Columns 2 site, thanks megavolt85! ^_^

I'll get it translated and add it to the list of finished sites. You legend.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#48 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:35 pm

Is PAL version of Sega Extreme Sports online functional? It says online functions on the front cover.

from wikipedia:

It was to have a list of online options for players to upload and download high scores through a global server. It was also to have ghost riders and bonus tracks and was set for an October 2000 release.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#49 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:08 pm

@Roareye

I don't understand the japanese text but it seems this one has just 4 player split-screen. no online functions.

this one says on top right paragraph go online to download tracks and high score tables.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#50 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:09 am

I will give it a try on each region. The JP editions that include actual online functionality usually have モデム (Modemu - Japanese for Modem) in the bullet points on the right hand side. The fact it is missing suggests to me that the Japanese title is missing net features directly.

PAL version doesn't include the Modem Compatible logo in the bottom right, but tbh PAL titles were often incorrect or incomplete on these cases. Railroad Tycoon II in PAL territories actually includes the outline of the VGA Compatible logo and it is definitely not VGA compatible. I had to import that title in order to play it via VGA. I don't trust PAL boxes, they're often inaccurate (Having been buying them since 1999 as I'm in the UK).

I'm downloading a copy of the PAL version atm, will give it a test on my DC as soon as it's ready