Burned Games Stopped Working ?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Re: Burned Games Stopped Working ?

Post#11 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:39 pm

OK I did everything I read about , Clean and rebend the PSU and also turn the laser screw. I for a second had nothing working lol , that scared me and then I turned it again and was back.

OK this is getting real strange.

My Burned ,

BIOHAZARD 3 LAST ESCAPE , DINO CRISIS The ISO Made By RDC , and my recently burned NFL QUARTERBACK CLUB 2000 Plays fine.
ALL The 2K Games do not boot or I get the SEGA LOGO COPYRIGHT Logo and goes no further, which they all work at one time.

SO it has to be

A. The CDI/ISO ,
B. THE CDR BRAND . also the discs are store right in front of a window , top of a dresser , The brand is also VERBATIM

or C. My Burner itself must not be too healthy anymore ? My brother has a brand spanking new gaming pc I will ask him to burn 2k games again for me.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#12 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:32 pm

Games that work and dont is the laser adjustment went thru this with a guy he could not believe it but it's the case.. adjust your laser to just boot and run sonic adventure 1 an 2 and it will boot all games

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#13 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:13 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Games that work and dont is the laser adjustment went thru this with a guy he could not believe it but it's the case.. adjust your laser to just boot and run sonic adventure 1 an 2 and it will boot all games

THAT IS WILD , I will try it. Official Release of it of course right ?

I will make note of that for sures , I am still going to try my change of computer idea too.

The headphone jack of my laptop is starting to be goofy , which is the same side of the CD Burner.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#14 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:22 pm

Most times just use sonic adventures if it load that should load all games..

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#15 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:41 pm

DID The PSU SUGGESTION and also the Laser ADJUST , No Dice at all. The sport games mysterious work 1 out of 10 times when I start up.

I think I found my verdict here ,

It has to be the CDR Brand I am using , The sport games have a mind of their own and now most of the time does not work , The Dino Crisis and BIOHAZARD 3 work 100% fine all the time.

I was using VERBATIM , this reddit thread claims they are the worst , I have to agree with it lol.

So I would like to know what BRAND is everyone here using ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/dreamcast/comm ... _dc_games/

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#16 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:21 pm

Just ordered a simple 10PACK of MAXWELL CDR Brand. $7 ,

Put it this way , If a burn a NON 2K Game and works 100% , then once again 2K games does not

I think this must mean the uploads of 2K Games must be Corrupted somehow ?

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#17 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:00 am

Did you burn ECHELON??

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#18 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:03 am

deluxux wrote:Did you burn ECHELON??

yes they all some weird ECC like name attached to it.

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#19 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:52 pm

BOOM ! 1ST Maxwell brand disc I use and it works fine.

I also found SELF BOOTING Upload , So would maybe that's why ?
But how so , it was booting fine before and stopped.

It had to be the shit brand I was using I guess ?

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#20 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:07 pm

weird problems my man, I burn off brand disks, I doubt its the disks...