introducing myself and finally got a BBA (quake 3 / PSO)

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Cartoon Head
shadow

Re: introducing myself and finally got a BBA (quake 3 / PSO)

Post#11 » Thu May 14, 2020 7:13 pm

That's great, I'll keep the server link on my phone then thanks so much for the help I guess it's time to give it a go I'm level 1 on pso and looking for a Chao mag thing if anyone knows how to get one, don't even know how I got it back in the day, thanks again

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#12 » Thu May 14, 2020 8:30 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Toy Racer was a PAL exclusive and oddly enough the only PAL game that supports the BBA. It's kind of a hidden feature as it's not mentioned anywhere. Most likely the devs used it for testing purposes.

Does the modem work now? I remember when Toy Racer was first brought back, you could only connect with the BBA.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#13 » Thu May 14, 2020 8:42 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:Does the modem work now? I remember when Toy Racer was first brought back, you could only connect with the BBA.

Yup. It's worked for a few years now.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#14 » Fri May 15, 2020 4:15 am

Welcome!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#15 » Fri May 15, 2020 4:18 am

Welcome aboard!
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Cartoon Head
shadow

Post#16 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:19 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, just a thought but what options are they for emulation and online play using a pc? I'm pretty familiar with emulators iv built a pi 3 and used various emulators in Windows, I'm aware of having to use gdi files to run them from a hdd. It was a few years ago now that I tryed a dc emulator and it wasn't very good I'd read they could be quite buggy so didn't put much time into it, is it a viable option now?

Gocha
letterbomb

Post#17 » Sat May 16, 2020 3:51 pm

Hi there, welcome!

About which ship to choose on PSO, most of the time the one with the most players is Altamira, at Saturday afternoon a lot of people join to Vega too, you can always press X in the ship selection screen to check how many players are online in any given ship and even if you don't have a dreampi yourself you can check if someone is playing DC at http://dreamcast.online/now/, specially if you are interested in playing some other games in the future.

I really hope you have as much fun as I've been having since I joined about 7 months ago or so. See you online!

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#18 » Sat May 16, 2020 5:37 pm

Dreamcast emulation has improved but still sucks compared to most other platforms, sadly. Flycast goes online but crashes regularly.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Cartoon Head
shadow

Post#19 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:14 pm

Thanks guys, having tons of fun just getting it all set up, hoping to put in some hours on pso next week, thinking of setting up my pc to connect the dreamcast through to try some other games, can I use the bba for that and coonect through a hub, or will i have to mess about more?