GDEMU problem?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Stu1872
undertow

GDEMU problem?

Post#1 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:25 pm

Hi, this is my first post on this forum.

I have owned and loved my Dreamcast which i bought at launch all those years ago. It is without doubt my favorite console of all time and i still treasure the countless hours i spent playing it when i was a teenager.

I recently decided to setup all of my consoles again and decided to spruce up my Dreamcast with a VGA to HDMI cable and a new GDEMU board to replace and preserve the disc drive.

Now i believe the GDEMU board i have is a clone and it works fairly well tbh but i have a problem with putting more than 100 games onto an sd card. I have tried multiple cards using the GDMENU program and everything works great and the list loads instantly with name changes intact with under 100 games. As soon as i go above around 100 the names i have changed in the GDMENU revert back to what was before and it takes around 40+seconds to load the list.

I take it there is a limit on the number of games/files that the GDEMU (clone) can populate while loading and is there a way to change that value to accept more?

I am currently using multiple cards to get my games list to load instantly and play but it would be much more convenient to have them all on one card so i can access them at one time.

I have scoured the web to find answers on this but i have had no success. Hopefully someone on here has had this problem and found a fix for it.

Cheers
Stu

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: GDEMU problem?

Post#2 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:08 pm

Normally when this happens its because a game is named wrong. A single title with a bunch of spaces, ? or a ! in the name can screw it up. You can also just copy/paste the files into the folders manually and then run the menu maker.

Stu1872
undertow

Re: GDEMU problem?

Post#3 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:44 am

I am not sure it is a naming issue tbh as i have named my gdi's the exact same way on one 128gb card and again on two separate 64gb cards.

On the 128gb card it does not recognize the name changes and takes too long to populate (load) the list with all games on it but in the two 64gb cards they load instantly and name changes are intact.

I have also tried 2 different genuine 128gb cards so i don't think it is a card issue either.