Heroes of Might and Magic III Dreamcast unreleased community fundraiser

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: Heroes of Might and Magic III Dreamcast unreleased community fundraiser

Post#111 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:16 pm

|darc| wrote:At this point I'm guessing
1) perhaps the culprit is a different component (e.g. different Holly revision, different RAM vendor?)
2) it may have something to do with the contents of flash memory? Most of my DCs have had their flash memory wiped recently, but this one my fiancee owns hasn't.

You’re just posting baseless speculation and I can’t do anything about that. Knock yourself out lol
Having a little fun with ya here...^
:lol:

If at anytime you want to go back to the tinfoil thread, pls let me know.
No1 has proven a damn thing as of yet.

The beta leaker and the original source of the cracked beta may have been found though. <--
Anyway good to see ya around.
Thanks for the heroes of might and magic .cdi

thedoctor45
lithium

Post#112 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:46 pm

Wiping my Dreamcasts Flash Memory by running the DCFlash utility solved the controller problem for me:

https://dreamcast.wiki/File:DCFlash.zip

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#113 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:51 am

Great job in tackling this weird bug :)

streeker
fragger

Post#114 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:42 am

thedoctor45 wrote:Wiping my Dreamcasts Flash Memory by running the DCFlash utility solved the controller problem for me:

Just asking: Is this tool save to use? Is there anything else I will lose besides a PSO serial number? Does it work on USB-GDROM or am I risking to brick my DC?

MrBlueSky
fire

Post#115 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:17 pm

Yep its save to use. You won't brick your DC.

From my experience you will also have to reset your language settings and your connection information (ISP) if you use a Dreampi for example. Apparently there is only a brick risk if you modded your DC
Dreamcast Now: The Blues Brothers

beanboy
Wazza

Post#116 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:14 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
beanboy wrote:@Ian and others

What programming language was the dreamcast version of this game written in?

I dont even know.. but saying not enff ram i think is not correct they wanted 1 on 1 port that not how you port things to consoles of this time nothing was a one on one port..

thats just setting your self up to fail..

Yeah. That's the same thing I was thinking.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#117 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:14 pm

streeker wrote:
thedoctor45 wrote:Wiping my Dreamcasts Flash Memory by running the DCFlash utility solved the controller problem for me:

Just asking: Is this tool save to use? Is there anything else I will lose besides a PSO serial number? Does it work on USB-GDROM or am I risking to brick my DC?

Well, I have used "DC Flash Eraser" to wipe the DC clean to allow PSO to work for me when one of my DC's motherboards died on me. It worked, so I flashed Radkin's replacement DC's so it would work and it did. I flashed my son's DC which also worked for his PSO character. Then I flashed Radkin's husbands DC for PSO, success!

4 for 4.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

streeker
fragger

Post#118 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:10 pm

Here to report, that using the Flash Eraser resolved the controller bug.
Thanks @thedoctor45
Last edited by streeker on Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#119 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:14 pm

beanboy wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:
beanboy wrote:@Ian and others

What programming language was the dreamcast version of this game written in?

I dont even know.. but saying not enff ram i think is not correct they wanted 1 on 1 port that not how you port things to consoles of this time nothing was a one on one port..

thats just setting your self up to fail..

Yeah. That's the same thing I was thinking.

Game is written for a pc with large amounts of ram you dont do 1 to 1 port thats just insane not the dreamcast but the engine this whole game could be done on a amiga 2000 with 100 times less spec then a dreamcast

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#120 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:31 pm

There are games like this on amiga 2000 settlers 1 and 2 with more indepth then this is using less ram under 2 meg.. They would had to write the engine from the start not port it.. this porting pc games to dreamcast was always a mistake I have made it my self .. the dreamcast is a 3d powerhouse need to use the sh4 and pvr to do your work then it's much more powerful then the same spec pc.. You can use the 3d hardware to do 2d very well use less ram then just blit it using a framebuffer doing it like a pc.