GDEMU INI File

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

WangTangvsFALCON
shadow

GDEMU INI File

Post#1 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:48 pm

Whats up?
Anyone ever messed with their GDEMU .INI file? In paticular the high_speed = 0 or 1?
Everytime i try to turn it on I cant even get the GDmenu to load. Turn it off, everything is fine. I know its experimental, just seeing if anyone else has had any luck, and if so was there any major difference?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: GDEMU INI File

Post#2 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:58 pm

Highspeed would not work normal speed is throttled after all just emulating the gdrom drive too fast and no games would work

WangTangvsFALCON
shadow

Post#3 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:08 pm

Right on thankyou for the response. Like your youtube channel!

azel
fire

Post#4 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:52 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Highspeed would not work normal speed is throttled after all just emulating the gdrom drive too fast and no games would work

https://gdemu.wordpress.com/operation/gdemu-operation/

I thought this was just experimental and could cause issues in some games? Similar to the option in the official Sony ps1 emulator which only works properly in some games.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:54 pm

WangTangvsFALCON wrote:Right on thankyou for the response. Like your youtube channel!

thanks it's just a dev channel for my projects for now I like to cover all homebrew dc wise at some point when i get better at video editing and such.. it's geting better lol..

anyways thank you..

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#6 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:04 pm

I leave mine on high and timing to 100ms

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#7 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:03 pm

It depends on your SD card. When I enabled the high speed setting, games wouldn't boot, but I know Kasworon got it to work with his SD card.
"Fear the HUnewearl."