Help please! My dreamcast is restarting itself when I m trying to load xdp browser and few games

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

saptespreopt
shadow

Re: Help please! My dreamcast is restarting itself when I m trying to load xdp browser and few games

Post#11 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:15 pm

what does that mean? is there any way to fix it? btw thank you all for your reply:D

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Help please! My dreamcast is restarting itself when I m trying to load xdp browser and few games

Post#12 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:32 pm

The exhaust fan needs to have a working sensor on it I believe. Maybe that is what he means?

saptespreopt
shadow

Post#13 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:18 am

the fan is working fine, I guess...

aldair
Metallic

Post#14 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:22 pm

saptespreopt wrote:the fan is working fine, I guess...

You need to remove it as in the video above.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#15 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:07 am

Could it be the communication port (for modem/BBA) is bad. He said games where he tried to connect to the Internet and browsers crashed his Dreamcast. I cannot think of anything else being this is a stranger than usual problem. He might have to buy a new DC.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

aldair
Metallic

Post#16 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:35 am

Bob Dobbs wrote:Could it be the communication port (for modem/BBA) is bad. He said games where he tried to connect to the Internet and browsers crashed his Dreamcast. I cannot think of anything else being this is a stranger than usual problem. He might have to buy a new DC.

It is a defect that all Dreamcast with a 3-wire fan will have in the future.

aldair
Metallic

Post#17 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:40 am

aldair wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:Could it be the communication port (for modem/BBA) is bad. He said games where he tried to connect to the Internet and browsers crashed his Dreamcast. I cannot think of anything else being this is a stranger than usual problem. He might have to buy a new DC.

It is a defect that all Dreamcast with a 3-wire fan will have in the future. My Dreamcast presented the reset because of the integrated circuit as in the video above.

saptespreopt
shadow

Post#18 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:16 am

my dreamcast resets before the game is loaded, is not about the modem, I tried to load the browsers without modem and its still crushing.

saptespreopt
shadow

Post#19 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:31 am

it s reset at the same time, every time I try to load the browser, I dont even have time to connect or do something more... it happenes the same with the sonic, only the dreamcast logo appear, then reset

saptespreopt
shadow

Post#20 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:56 pm

aldair wrote:
saptespreopt wrote:the fan is working fine, I guess...

You need to remove it as in the video above.

ok, I did this too, and is still restarting, I think I m gonna give up... I dont understand why all the games work fine, but the browsers and the sonic dont....