CDDA working first time DREAM NEO CD [SOCCER BRAWL][Turbo][60FPS][SB][CDI] with BETTER video

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: CDDA working first time DREAM NEO CD [SOCCER BRAWL][Turbo][60FPS][SB][CDI] with BETTER video

Post#11 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:36 pm

bjankins1 wrote:Well hmm, what would you recommend doing to hurdle some of the issues the emulator has, ive never really messed around with source code, what would you recommend for somebody just getting into this?

all this stuff is very old you need old dev setup with cygwin Mine will compile dont think any one has ever got mame4all to compile..

Your talking months of work.. wowmame was 6 months straight work 4 to 5 hours a day to get like it is does that give you an idea..

Some games like double dragon no matter what will run at 10fps lots of others.. there just not optimized that's why i did single driver games to cut all the fat out.. If i get back into doing mame games i can do it.. sure 1943 i could get 100% speed now still have my old dev set up and all src code and it compiles.. just to setup kos 1.1.7 and sh4 cross tool chain and cygwin will take you days and it only works on winxp and down or a VM.. not to be funny why no one works on.. Only better part of wowmame is correct screen ratio and be able to change all settings dont mean you can run ever game proper on the list..

Mame for dreamcast is really not worth bothing with unless you like very old arcade games i mean old nothing over 1988

look snes dont even run close to fullspeed mega drive no were near it etc etc.. Dreamneo is kinda of amazing compared to those..

bjankins1
blackout!

Re: CDDA working first time DREAM NEO CD [SOCCER BRAWL][Turbo][60FPS][SB][CDI] with BETTER video

Post#12 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:40 pm

Alright well i guess its not detrimental but maybe someday it would be nice to see, other than that dreamneo is working like a champ!

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#13 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:49 pm

I always found it odd, that the DC can handle Neo Geo CD emulators so amazingly, and even Bleem which is light years more demanding to run PSX games but the console struggles with Genesis and SNES. Even the Sega made emulators for the Genesis/Mega Drive aren't 100% on the system with all games. So if they couldn't get emulation perfect on thier own system they designed and built and know that hardware inside out, doubt we will get anybody able who can give us perfect SNES or Genesis/Mega Drive emulation on DC.

bjankins1
blackout!

Post#14 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:10 am

Just played a round of this game pretty fun lol, bios sound and video are not in sync and unfortunately does not continue on to the dreamneo screen, altbough the audio for it plays.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#15 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:46 am

bjankins1 wrote:Just played a round of this game pretty fun lol, bios sound and video are not in sync and unfortunately does not continue on to the dreamneo screen, altbough the audio for it plays.

yeah i have adjust the sound and video for the intro also must press start before it ends. or it crash it.. very alpha beta stuff with the dreamroq with sound it never worked before..

bjankins1
blackout!

Post#16 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:48 am

Ah okay that makes sense now

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#17 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:36 am

bjankins1 wrote:Ah okay that makes sense now

Runs much better then the video shows.. video is it running on real dreamcast but with a webcam from 2005

bjankins1
blackout!

Post#18 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:01 am

Im cataloging every neo geo release that the community has done from RC4 to DreamNeo

Could Ironclad run pretty Well?

bjankins1
blackout!

Post#19 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:08 am

Btw, Overall there has been 65 Neo Geo releases spread across AES MVS CD and the offficial dreamcast versions

And honestly that number might not even be accurate

Somewhere out there reviveDCs version of magician lord is around but the link is dead

Nam 75 was on neo4all at one point i cant find it anymore link is probably long dead

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#20 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:23 am

bjankins1 wrote:Btw, Overall there has been 65 Neo Geo releases spread across AES MVS CD and the offficial dreamcast versions

And honestly that number might not even be accurate

Somewhere out there reviveDCs version of magician lord is around but the link is dead

Nam 75 was on neo4all at one point i cant find it anymore link is probably long dead

I have the magician lord one I can reupload it dont know what version of neo4all is is.. never even tested that