Random

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

scooby9261
noob

Random

Post#1 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:19 pm

Ok I had been playing my Dreamcast i just got thru my RCA jacks on my newer TV and it worked fine, been playing NFL2K and having a ball.

But A) I wanted to plug it into HDMI and B) I needed a ext cord for the controller.

So I tried the RCA to HDMI adapter and the text was blurry.

So I got the XXX (doesnt require a wall wart) DC to HDMI cable.

Now the Dreamcast is setup like this.

I plug the controller ext into my dreamcast and the other end to my controller. I start playing the game and it constantly acts like I pressed Start button and goes to the controller choice screen for what team you want the controller set for. So i select my team and go back to the game, like two plays later it does it again. So i think ok, must be bad ext cord so i unplug that and go straight into DC.

Now the problem is happening with or without the ext cord. As i said this was NOT an issue before i did these two things.

What is going on. Is this XXX xtreme HDMI cable some how fucking with things ? or do i suddenly have a bad controller ? Input or is it the ext cord ?

I am clueless this thing was working just fine and now this. HELP!

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Re: Random

Post#2 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:39 pm

Perhaps the button is just sticking a little. Have you cleaned the controller by taking it apart?

scooby9261
noob

Post#3 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:11 pm

Its either the port or its the cable. I found if i move the wire around it does it and my screen turns black for a few secs and then comes back on.

So if i dont move cable it works, just a pain in the ass. Just want a wireless controller already for dreamcast lol. My Saturn is so simple to use, wireless controller. ;-)

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#4 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:49 pm

That is weird. Do you have another controller to test it with?

scooby9261
noob

Post#5 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:35 pm

No i do not. Nor do I know anyone who has any dreamcast stuff. All my friends are into newer systems. I rock my Saturn and Dreamcast. Im selling my PS1 and PS2. Just sold my Jaguar (which i wish I hadnt) and my Atari 7800.