PSO v.2 - cannot join Online Mode

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

D12TRG
shadow

PSO v.2 - cannot join Online Mode

Post#1 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:39 pm

I'll be honest.
I own PAL version of PSO v.1 but not PSO v.2.
I burned v.2.
Anyways, I burned NTSC version of PSO v.2, I use this sn+ak: 4E62F237 , oWur4WJg - and it worked perfectly fine before.
Today, however, when I try to join the Online Mode it freezes on Loading Screen (that Portal particle alike animation) and after some time I get this :

,,The line was disconnected due to network error(s). Please try connecting again later."

Save file works, I can join Offline Version fine without any problem and burned compact disc itself also works without any bugs (it's Verbatim CD-R 700MB).
I even made a new character on v.1 then joining Online Mode on v.1 - it also works.
When I ported that new character to v.2 and then tried to join Online Mode - the same results as stated above.

What could be the problem?

PS: I'm using DreamPi (that version with WiFi access and thus I'm playing using WiFi)
Come, and face oblivion

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: PSO v.2 - cannot join Online Mode

Post#2 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:36 pm

Double check using Dreamkey that your DC still has internet access, otherwise your Pi might need a reset. If that's not the issue, then it could be an issue with the ISO you're using. Just had the same problem with San Francisco Rush 2049 where the person creating the CDI essentially cut out the "useless" online portion of the game.

You're better off getting the CDI from www.dreamcastlive.net , the one that mentions the Sylverant Server. You might need a cracked copy to push you towards the correct server anyhow (I think).

D12TRG
shadow

Post#3 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:43 pm

Roareye wrote:Double check using Dreamkey that your DC still has internet access, otherwise your Pi might need a reset. If that's not the issue, then it could be an issue with the ISO you're using. Just had the same problem with San Francisco Rush 2049 where the person creating the CDI essentially cut out the "useless" online portion of the game.

You're better off getting the CDI from http://www.dreamcastlive.net , the one that mentions the Sylverant Server. You might need a cracked copy to push you towards the correct server anyhow (I think).

Will do it then.
Thank you for help.
After I'm done with testing I'll reply again to tell the results.
Come, and face oblivion

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#4 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:51 pm

D12TRG wrote:
Roareye wrote:Double check using Dreamkey that your DC still has internet access, otherwise your Pi might need a reset. If that's not the issue, then it could be an issue with the ISO you're using. Just had the same problem with San Francisco Rush 2049 where the person creating the CDI essentially cut out the "useless" online portion of the game.

You're better off getting the CDI from http://www.dreamcastlive.net , the one that mentions the Sylverant Server. You might need a cracked copy to push you towards the correct server anyhow (I think).

Will do it then.
Thank you for help.

The image on Dreamcast Live is just a patcher for a legit copy of PSO. It can't be used with a burned copy. You would need a pre-patched version like Ive's if you want to burn a copy. Keep in mind that you'll likely want to buy a legit copy anyway just to get a unique serial number and key. Otherwise you won't be able to participate in Sylverant special events or use some of the server features like cloud backup.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

D12TRG
shadow

Post#5 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:55 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
D12TRG wrote:

Will do it then.
Thank you for help.

The image on Dreamcast Live is just a patcher for a legit copy of PSO. It can't be used with a burned copy. You would need a pre-patched version like Ive's if you want to burn a copy. Keep in mind that you'll likely want to buy a legit copy anyway just to get a unique serial number and key. Otherwise you won't be able to participate in Sylverant special events or use some of the server features like cloud backup.

Well, if I would afford getting another copy of the same game then sure, why not BUT I simply can't.
I don't mind not having my own code tbh. I just want to be able to play with everyone else on v.2 and stuff like backup - I own Nexus 4M Card with PC Link so it's not a problem for me to do a backup from time to time.
Come, and face oblivion

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#6 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:01 pm

You need a unique serial key and access code to play online, D12TRG. It's a bloody ballache, especially when you have no cash :(

D12TRG
shadow

Post#7 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:03 pm

Roareye wrote:You need a unique serial key and access code to play online, D12TRG. It's a bloody ballache, especially when you have no cash :(

Then how I was able to go online last time I used this serial code and access code? :|
Come, and face oblivion

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#8 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:04 pm

Roareye wrote:You need a unique serial key and access code to play online, D12TRG. It's a bloody ballache, especially when you have no cash :(

You don't need one. You can used a "shared" serial and key. You just won't be able to register on the Sylverant website and access certain server features.

Also, I could be completely wrong on this but I believe you won't be able to log in if someone else is already online with the same serial and key.
PSO Characters:

D12TRG
shadow

Post#9 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:07 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:

You don't need one. You can used a "shared" serial and key. You just won't be able to register on the Sylverant website and access certain server features.

Alright, so I simply need to follow the Roareye's instructions and I should be set to go?
Come, and face oblivion

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#10 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:10 pm

D12TRG wrote:Alright, so I simply need to follow the Roareye's instructions and I should be set to go?

You need to burn a copy of the Ive's PSO v.2 disc from the link in my previous post. It's part of the "PSO DC Ives Pack 2.0 Torrent" on the Downloads page.
PSO Characters: