USB-Gdrom is down to Final Stock

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Xiden
Developer

USB-Gdrom is down to Final Stock

Post#1 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:01 pm

Mnemo has announced he is down to his last 110 connectors for his usbgdrom drive. Unless he's able to source more connectors this could be the end of production for the USB-Gdrom. If you were considering buying a USB-Gdrom, now is the time!

http://3do-renovation.ru/How_to_buy.htm

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: USB-Gdrom is down to Final Stock

Post#2 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:30 am

If he is talking about G1 ATA connector, I think he can find some, there are others pcbs still building with it.

Xiden
Developer

Post#3 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:56 pm

fafadou wrote:If he is talking about G1 ATA connector, I think he can find some, there are others pcbs still building with it.

Do you know where they are sourced from? I could pass the word on

megavolt85
Developer

Post#4 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:49 pm

I think mnemo is a bully, just cheap Chinese GDEMU clones have filled the market and USB-GDROM has stopped buying

fafadou talk about this progect

Xiden
Developer

Post#5 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:48 pm

problem is Chinese gdemu clones dont work with all Dreamcast games. Disc swap sucks and D2 disc swap is broken, Skies of Arcadia freezes

megavolt85
Developer

Post#6 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:26 pm

It would be a problem if the price difference was $10-15
At the current price difference people are ready not to play 5-6 games, but pay several times less

areyareadyherewego
photon blast

Post#7 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:01 pm

Xiden wrote:problem is Chinese gdemu clones dont work with all Dreamcast games. Disc swap sucks and D2 disc swap is broken, Skies of Arcadia freezes

Isnt it just the Skies intro video freezes if you don't press start button and let it loop?

That's hardly a game breaking bug.

But you have a point about game compatibility with spotty disc swap process, and Code Veronica being broken

Xiden
Developer

Post#8 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:39 pm

areyareadyherewego wrote:
Xiden wrote:problem is Chinese gdemu clones dont work with all Dreamcast games. Disc swap sucks and D2 disc swap is broken, Skies of Arcadia freezes

Isnt it just the Skies intro video freezes if you don't press start button and let it loop?

That's hardly a game breaking bug.

But you have a point about game compatibility with spotty disc swap process, and Code Veronica being broken

That's just what I've been told. But yeah the disc swapping with game shark for example would be a nightmare.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#9 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:11 pm

Just what you have been told? Hardly the gospel truth there then. The Chinese clones are 100% identical performing to the official ones. Only problem is it doesn't have a way to update the firmware, which doesn't matter because it is on an updated one from 2 releases ago, and Japanese_Cake was working on removing all protections from the retail Bleemcast discs making it a requirement to update for them to support it null.

I speak from experience, I have had mine for over a year and a half at this point and couldn't be happier with it. No issues with any games on my end.

The great thing is that mrneo240 decompiled GDMENU and anybody can use the code to help make their own menu. This means there is ways for other competing menu's to be released. A feature that was shown off in GDMENU was built in code support. Unfortunately, the files for the code menu is in the current released version, but not able to be enabled. Neuroacid has been M.I.A. since at least 2 years ago in 2017.

Also, mrneo240 is working on his own GDEMU menu. It will have a lot of great features like custom cover art, possibility for built in game shark cheat codes, game descriptions and a lot more.

Xiden
Developer

Post#10 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:28 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Just what you have been told? Hardly the gospel truth there then. The Chinese clones are 100% identical performing to the official ones. Only problem is it doesn't have a way to update the firmware, which doesn't matter because it is on an updated one from 2 releases ago, and Japanese_Cake was working on removing all protections from the retail Bleemcast discs making it a requirement to update for them to support it null.

I speak from experience, I have had mine for over a year and a half at this point and couldn't be happier with it. No issues with any games on my end.

The great thing is that mrneo240 decompiled GDMENU and anybody can use the code to help make their own menu. This means there is ways for other competing menu's to be released. A feature that was shown off in GDMENU was built in code support. Unfortunately, the files for the code menu is in the current released version, but not able to be enabled. Neuroacid has been M.I.A. since at least 2 years ago in 2017.

Also, mrneo240 is working on his own GDEMU menu. It will have a lot of great features like custom cover art, possibility for built in game shark cheat codes, game descriptions and a lot more.

What about the D2 Disc swap? Did they ever get that fixed?