Problems with Dreampi setup

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

the_big_boss_135
shadow

Problems with Dreampi setup

Post#1 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:23 am

Hi, I finally got around to setting up my Dreampi setup today as i got a LVI. For some reason though when i try to connect, the usb modem only has one light on, the dreamcast says it couldnt hear a dialtone to connect, and I've tried changing batteries, resetting dreampi, checked firewall and nothing changes. When i try to login to dreampi to debug this it also won't let me type the password. Idk if it's the cable which i hope not as i just got it today or something with the modem.

Dreampi Specs-
Raspberry Pi 3+Model B
Dreampi DLE 1.7
Lenovo RD02-D400 USB Modem
9V LVI that i bought from a seller on Etsy
Ethernet Cable
Attachments
20191202_225518.jpg

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Re: Problems with Dreampi setup

Post#2 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:16 am

When i try to login to dreampi to debug this it also won't let me type the password.

Please provide more details. Can you not type the password, or is the password only invisible like it is supposed to be? By default, the password is raspberry.

the_big_boss_135
shadow

Post#3 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:31 am

For the password it doesn't type it in. I type raspberry and when i try to log in it says incorrect and has me repeat the process over and over

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Post#4 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:56 pm

When typing in the password, it wont show up as you type. This is normal. If you are typing it in correctly and its still not logging you in then maybe it's a problem with your keyboard or you may need to reflash the dreampi image.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Xiden
Developer

Post#5 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:36 pm

the_big_boss_135 wrote:Hi, I finally got around to setting up my Dreampi setup today as i got a LVI. For some reason though when i try to connect, the usb modem only has one light on, the dreamcast says it couldnt hear a dialtone to connect, and I've tried changing batteries, resetting dreampi, checked firewall and nothing changes. When i try to login to dreampi to debug this it also won't let me type the password. Idk if it's the cable which i hope not as i just got it today or something with the modem.

Dreampi Specs-
Raspberry Pi 3+Model B
Dreampi DLE 1.7
Lenovo RD02-D400 USB Modem
9V LVI that i bought from a seller on Etsy
Ethernet Cable

Check all these troubshooting tips from https://www.dreamcastlive.net/troubleshooting should be the 1st section.

Make sure your username is "pi"
Password will not display as you type. Its "raspberry"

Let us know if you are still having issues :)

the_big_boss_135
shadow

Post#6 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:26 am

So update, i tried logging back in and it worked. I assume i typed it wrong. So i went to system log to see what the problem is and apparently the dreampi isnt recieving internet connection at all despite the ethernet cable light on in both the pi and my actual dsl modem. It even has an ip address and no firewall is on atm.
Attachments
20191204_010511.jpg

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#7 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:36 am

Please understand that I need to ask this question, but are you in a PAL region or NTSC region?

It has to do with the fact that 9v might not be enough to properly power the modem.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

the_big_boss_135
shadow

Post#8 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:43 am

I am in the ntsc region with a standard ntsc modem.

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#9 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:11 am

What are the contents of the file /etc/network/interfaces?

sindikatas
shadow

Post#10 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:26 pm

I have the exact same problem. The issue is not any that all of you have mentioned. I think wi-fi on the 1.7 Dreampi image is broken. You get two error messages: „failed to start dhcpcd on all interfaces“ and „failed to start raise network interfaces“. Which results in wireless networking not working on it.