Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ripfire
stalker

Post#1 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:20 pm

Last edited by Ripfire on Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Golden Axe Remake DC: Special Edition [Revision 2019]

Post#2 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:23 pm

Works well on my old update i like to see the engine updates optmizing the c script by the other coder as of course there not use in this be nice to see when it comes out or link to these persons updates

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#3 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:58 pm

Is there a way to have an option to turn off the smoothing? I much prefer to see the pixels in my 2D titles. Just a question, not a demand. :)

Ripfire
stalker

Post#4 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:00 pm

Last edited by Ripfire on Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:26 pm

Roareye wrote:Is there a way to have an option to turn off the smoothing? I much prefer to see the pixels in my 2D titles. Just a question, not a demand. :)

Openbor update engine i did does not have smoothing so looks like this

Untitled.png

here's a screen shot

I really love the c64 version with the music just wish it had the c64 sprites maybe i do that one day lol

Nice work my freind i like this a lot

Amorget
rebel

Post#6 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:02 pm

So... newbie type question, if I want to play this on my actual Dreamcast hardware what exactly do I need? I downloaded the Exe and extracted the CDI from it, but that CDI is 800+ megs. Do I need 800mb cds to burn this to or am I missing a key part here? I mean, the game can't be that large, right?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:29 pm

Amorget wrote:So... newbie type question, if I want to play this on my actual Dreamcast hardware what exactly do I need? I downloaded the Exe and extracted the CDI from it, but that CDI is 800+ megs. Do I need 800mb cds to burn this to or am I missing a key part here? I mean, the game can't be that large, right?

It's got a dummy file it will burn to a normal 700mb cdr with img burn.. but all theses using my openbor engine up date take to long to load from a cdr there really for a GDEMU still takes 1 to 4 mins. from a cdr can take 10 to 15 mins thats not useable really

So i would not advise using my update engine from a cdr.. till i fix this really gdemu only

ChristinaDreamcustDC
blackout!

Post#8 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:46 pm

Amorget wrote:So... newbie type question, if I want to play this on my actual Dreamcast hardware what exactly do I need? I downloaded the Exe and extracted the CDI from it, but that CDI is 800+ megs. Do I need 800mb cds to burn this to or am I missing a key part here? I mean, the game can't be that large, right?

Like Ian Michael said, you can just burn it. Games bigger than 800 MB will always still burn when they have dummies.

There are some obscure SEGA Dreamcast games that are too big for standard CD CD-Rs, and actually use 800MB or 900MB discs, or oversize CDIs like CH Segagaga, which is way too big to fit on a Cd.

The games from Ripfire, Ian Michael, etc., all fit on standard CD-Rs if the game is to be burned on a CD. I've burned some of them myself. If using ImgBurn, remember to download the Dreamcast extra files from the website.

Also, thanks to Ripfire for another Dreamcast game!

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#9 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:52 pm

Very cool!

Ripfire
stalker

Post#10 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:27 pm

Return to “New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation”