Useful Super Famicast emulator sourcecode

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Dakangel
letterbomb

Useful Super Famicast emulator sourcecode

Post#1 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:43 pm

Searching about all SNES emulators on Dreamcast and therefore Dreamsnes is closed source and Snes4all is unable to compile due lost Chui dependencies , maybe this another project named súper Famicast can be used for something ...

Dated from 2004.
Ported and coded by Scherzo.
Use SH4 assembler core courtesy of Dreamsnes.
Based on snes9x 1.42 emulator.
Comes in source code ,compiled and discs form.
V1 and V2.

sourceforge superfamicast code
Last edited by Dakangel on Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Useful Super Famicast emulator sourcecode

Post#2 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:26 am

thanks for reminding me Seems most of the slow problems were sound and video on all the ports

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:56 pm

I sure would love to see another SNES emu that is more updated and optimized for the system. Chui's had some improvements over DreamSNES, but you had to use a lot of frame skip and stuff. It wasn't 100% accurate, but it had what he called real speed emulation when configured properly. Still not 100% but close to it. Some titles ran really great and others had issues as with any emulator really.

It is crazy to think that there is a PSX emu on it, that has some nice enhancements, yet SNES and Genesis/Mega Drive emulation was never at where it should have been for such a powerful console. Just look how nicely it runs NEO GEO games too. It is certainly capable of those systems, why not older ones?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:27 pm

Genesis for sure can be done Snes the way the video modes are are more tricky but i think people put more on SH4 cores were the anwser to help speed yes it does but just like the Dreamsnes team found out it's not going to get you fullspeed .. problem of using Snes9x for all ports which is not very efficient or suited to the way the dreamcast works.. Yes i think people moved away from wanting emulation .. Im sure a new fullspeed snes emulator would change there mind:)

Genesis plus SDL with the ported cz80 and c68k should be close to how it runs on neogeo cd will it take a lot of work yes.. I have been working on it they share all the same cpus sound code is simlar..

Anyways I have it running not to bad but not worth talking about at this point

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#5 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:09 am

I just drop here this for future reference, the PSP snes9xtyl source code.

https://github.com/esmjanus/snes9xTYL

ME version : use PSP multimedia engine coprocessor for audio.
CM version : pure custom emulator by software

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:27 pm

I have not been able to get ether v1 or v2 to compile seem's pretty common for snes emulators to not compile having custom dp or missing things i will try kos1.30 later some time means seting up a whole tool chain just to compile this thing.. which might be a waste of time ..

Also looks like the release version not using all of the sh4 core kinda of hacked in not fully using it anyways