Daytona USA fun!!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
louis012345678
Doom

Re: Daytona USA fun!!

Post#21 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:28 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:I still like the saturn one the best with the crazy music roooling start buee bue sky i see :)

Don't forget the playable horse as well :lol:

beanboy
Wazza

Post#22 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:04 pm

louis012345678 wrote:Don't forget the playable horse as well :lol:

:lol:

beanboy
Wazza

Post#23 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:11 pm

ReaderRagfish wrote:I can never find out the best way to take sharp turns quickly.

Yeah. That can be tough to do. :p

RobisMarshall
minority

Post#24 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:03 am

I just passed 20 hours of gameplay I love national patk etrack with the hornet

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#25 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:55 pm

I had this game for awhile but couldn't get into the steering/drifting mechanics. I also played the original arcade game through an emulator but again, the drifting just didn't make sense to me.

In contrast, I recently played SCUD Race, a somewhat derivative game, through emulation and it was about the perfect Sega arcade racing game in my eyes. No complaint about the steering/drifting, which had a very different feel to Daytona. A shame this one didn't get ported to DC at the time. I guess the various licenses were too expensive.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#26 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:16 pm

dark wrote:I had this game for awhile but couldn't get into the steering/drifting mechanics. I also played the original arcade game through an emulator but again, the drifting just didn't make sense to me.

I agree. The steering and drifting is kinda wacky in that Daytona game.

dark wrote:In contrast, I recently played SCUD Race, a somewhat derivative game, through emulation and it was about the perfect Sega arcade racing game in my eyes. No complaint about the steering/drifting, which had a very different feel to Daytona. A shame this one didn't get ported to DC at the time. I guess the various licenses were too expensive.

Yeah. That game should have been on the dreamcast. It's disappointing that SCUD Racer, and other cool sega racing games, didn't make it to the dreamcast.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#27 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:10 pm

mrgamesack said if you hold your analog to the front it is much fun

I've yet to do work in Daytona as there are no unlockables as usual >.<

beanboy
Wazza

Post#28 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:10 pm

mistamontiel wrote:mrgamesack said if you hold your analog to the front it is much fun

Yeah, I remember that tip from mrgamesack.
The trick works but it does take some practice with the analog stick.

mistamontiel wrote:I've yet to do work in Daytona as there are no unlockables as usual >.<

You didn't unlock anything yet? :)

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#29 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:26 pm

What, a horse? Paintjob lol?

If someone can *unlock* networking mode..!!

beanboy
Wazza

Post#30 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:53 pm

mistamontiel wrote:What, a horse? Paintjob lol?

:lol:

mistamontiel wrote:
If someone can *unlock* networking mode..!!

Yeah! 8-)
That would be great! :D