Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

Post#21 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:01 pm

My *tin foil hat* idea is Bleem co went to Sega with a beta (maybe the one we have, maybe newer) They showed off Ridge Racer, Omega Boost, N2O. And Sega said Ok ill tell ya what if you can make GranTurismo 2, Tekken 3 and Metal Gear Solid with FMV's and memory card support we will pay you big $. Then they were sued by Sony and Sega had no option but to ghost the Bleem co

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#22 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:25 pm

deluxux wrote:My *tin foil hat* idea is Bleem co went to Sega with a beta (maybe the one we have, maybe newer) They showed off Ridge Racer, Omega Boost, N2O. And Sega said Ok ill tell ya what if you can make GranTurismo 2, Tekken 3 and Metal Gear Solid with FMV's and memory card support we will pay you big $. Then they were sued by Sony and Sega had no option but to ghost the Bleem co

I think thats a good one but i do know for sure there is a later build if you search dcemulation rand he states the beta is a early build and is embarassed that it got leaked... Because they had one that played 100's games perfect that was going to be for game paks.. Also know for sure a person that has that said build.. so thats no tinfoil hat they just are never going to leak it good on them if they made a promise not to..

Yeah the one we have is a very early build to test for gta2 and metal gear and tekken 3 you would of had to of had many builds before those.. Early build we have is lacking vmu and fmv.. that did not just happen for 3 games.. Plus the fact the 3 games have diffrent builds.. shows they would of had test builds to find what run what.. not the half done beta we have.. .. Like i said rand state's thats an early build..

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#23 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:06 pm

Ivan, thanks for the info about vector games and the bleemcast links.
Megavolt, thanks for checking Ian's beta.

no worries..
it was still worth dreaming of a newer bleemcast beta lol

One day we will get the elusive nearly complete bleemcast beta build..its just as simple as spotting the loch ness monster in a ufo being piloted by bigfoot

I did read this story of bleemcast earlier...
its a good read.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-12-11-the-history-of-bleem

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#24 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:26 pm

Here's a russian list of testing the beta https://web.archive.org/web/20070518144 ... y_list.txt

All the games marked australian version is my tests same on other lists I tryed with real games i owned not backups lol at the time but a lot of australian pal releases dont work at all on the blue beta.. yet same game from another region does that's allways got me thinking why..

Medevil 1 and 2 being one such thing the pal real ps1 games i owned they dont work.. but ntsc does work.. any ways.. got be something there why thats the case

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#25 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:49 pm

great point.
so i guess the bleem beta we all use is ntsc only.
one thing i wonder about is the retail bleemcast disks that were cracked to load other psx games..
they only boot a few other games.
what is the emulator looking for to allow the game to boot?
i hear the slus id has nothing to do with it.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#26 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:21 pm

yes europe region games work. I have made many pal exclusives, @SMITH please read the entire thread @ viewtopic.php?f=30&t=11926

I see you relearning some stuff we have been over already. I plan to make a "mega thread" @ tinyurl.com/dcmasterlist after a while

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#27 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:48 pm

ok, deluxux thank you.
i've been out of the loop for almost 9 years.
so many things about the dc i have missed.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#28 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:06 pm

deluxux wrote:yes europe region games work. I have made many pal exclusives, @SMITH please read the entire thread @ viewtopic.php?f=30&t=11926

I see you relearning some stuff we have been over already. I plan to make a "mega thread" @ tinyurl.com/dcmasterlist after a while

Pal is euro but australian pal releases dont work. thats what im talking about .. I know i have tested them

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#29 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:15 am

so, i spoke to dave at waffle house and he says that his uncle has the e3 beta.
i can pm his cell if any1 is interested in contacting him in regards to bleemcast.

Sega RPG

Post#30 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:40 am

And in what kind the e3 beta is better than the blue beta that we have? (serious question)