HELLO! I'm Excited to be here!

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

yolk
noob

HELLO! I'm Excited to be here!

Post#1 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:11 pm

Hi everyone. I'm a big noob here, you all can call me yolk :D

A little bit about me - I've been lurking around the dc homebrew scene since 2002 and unfortunately lost my collection around 2010ish.

Only over the past few months have I been delighted to discover projects like DreamPi and KalistiOS. In the bigger sense it's also expanding my other passion of FPGA and hardware use in realtime performances, and also getting to play some of the multitude of independent titles that I didn't even know about! A big shout-out right off the bat to the community for being super helpful to outsiders, genuinely hope to contribute in the near and long term where I can.

Anyways, I'll keep it to that for now.

tl;dr:

I'm genuinely super-excited to be here and hope to get to know a lot of you in the coming weeks & months. Also to all the new people in the future in the coming years.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: HELLO! I'm Excited to be here!

Post#2 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:28 pm

welcome to dct! :)
you call yourself a noob?
but you can post in yellow text..
i don't even know howto do that...
so that makes me an even bigger noob lol
and considering the things you are mentioning about kalistios, homebrew, dreampi, fpga dev.
you are not a noob. :ugeek:
glad to see ya join, have fun here.
Last edited by SMiTH on Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#3 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:31 pm

SMiTH wrote:welcome to dct! :)
you call yourself a noob?
but you can post in yellow text..
i don't even know howto do that...
so that makes me an even bigger noob lol
glad to see ya join, have fun here.

click full editor & preview below next to submit or reply to someone and youll see a bunch of options above the text entry area with pinkish blocks. you can change/add a bunch of things.

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#4 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:32 pm

welcome yolk :mrgreen:

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#5 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:34 pm

poopidoop wrote:click full editor & preview below next to submit or reply to someone and youll see a bunch of options above the text entry area with pinkish blocks. you can change/add a bunch of things.

Thank you

LOL

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:04 pm

Welcome hope you enjoy your stay were friendly around here :)

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#7 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:20 pm

Welcome! Feel free to ask for and help or info on getting online, help with a game, etc.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

yolk
noob

Post#8 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:48 pm

Thanks all for the warm welcome! Also really cool to see this thread validate the primary reason for me wanting to join with people helping out other learn cool things :) I don't feel so bad about being a noob, I'm excited about it. As long as I'm sophomoric about things, I'll always improve my breadth of knowledge (As long as I don't think I know everything I'll keep trying to figure stuff out :D)

I'll definitely be tapping on the collective shoulder of the community here for the forseeable future :lol:
If anyone happens to know the right place to point me to for Dreamcast + Midi, I'm doing some research here for a side project :D

Anyways I had a much longer post written, but I think it was lost somehow so i'll keep it short in the quick reply// please bare with me while I get up to speed with the cadence of phpBB again. (One of the other wonderful benefits of being here, I have hard nostalgia for phpBB in general :D :D

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#9 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:24 am

Hello! Welcome to the homepage of the Dreamcast! I hope maybe you are a skilled driver and I will see you on Monaco Online!

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#10 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:31 am

You can learn the most about the Dreamcast from reading old scene NFO's IMO
I have a lot if not most hosted here: https://git.teknik.io/deluxx_/dcscenenfo
go up a page and you will see revivedc & dcres nfo's