Daytona USA fun!!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
beanboy
Wazza

Daytona USA fun!!

Post#1 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:28 am

Boy do I love playing Daytona USA, aka Daytona USA 2001. That game is so much super fun. Especially the one, that was released on the dreamcast. I stayed up after 12 am and unlocked Pywackett Barcheta and Super Pywackett Barcheta, the other day too. Now, I'm going to try and unlock, the other cars in the game. :D
I'm glad I started back playing this game, a few months ago. Something tells me, that when this game was online many years ago, gamers had alot of fun, probably too much fun, playing it. :lol:

Note: That Seaside Street Galaxy stage, is like wooah super long. :shock:
It's best they turn that whole stage, into a new city area, for a new Shenmue game. :lol:

So how many of you, love playing Daytona USA?
What is your favourite stage?
And what car/vehicle, do you like using?
And since the game is super crazy, what's the craziest thing you've ever seen, while racing in the game?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Daytona USA fun!!

Post#2 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:20 am

I love playing the classic Hornet car. Played Daytona USA since a kid in the late 90's on my Saturn. Would drive my father crazy driving in reverse and the crew chief saying "Turn around your going the wrong way".

I still play the HD port of the arcade version on my PS3. Wish the Dreamcast version of the game got an HD release.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:48 am

its a great game!
do you guys by any chance have the xbox 360 version? i play that often but unfortunately nobody plays it online

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:42 pm

I do not, I only have it on my Jailbroke PS3.

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#5 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:57 pm

i tried to give it a shot but i couldnt find a working download :( the trurips drive has been down a while

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:09 pm

You want a CDI or GDI of it?

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#7 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:00 pm

id prefer gdi but either if it works :D

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:20 pm

I found this image of it. Let me know if this works.

https://the-eye.eu/public/rom/Sega%20Dr ... %21%5D.zip

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#9 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:52 pm

its an eu server. take me a year to download :S

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:43 pm

It took 2 mins for me to download from that link. It starts slow but picks up after a few minutes.