DreamPi SD card

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DAR67
shadow

DreamPi SD card

Post#1 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:15 pm

I own a MacBook and have no access to anyone that can help with a DreamPi image to my SD card. I have everything except a PC which seems to be the only way you can make this happen. I need help with anyone that can do this for me. I can mail you the card with return postage and the container to return it so I can join the DC online community! PLEASE help! I have been trying for months! DAR67

Xiden
Developer

Re: DreamPi SD card

Post#2 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:30 pm

DAR67 wrote:I own a MacBook and have no access to anyone that can help with a DreamPi image to my SD card. I have everything except a PC which seems to be the only way you can make this happen. I need help with anyone that can do this for me. I can mail you the card with return postage and the container to return it so I can join the DC online community! PLEASE help! I have been trying for months! DAR67

Etcher or Apple Pi Backer I believe can flash it for you with a Mac.

http://osxdaily.com/2018/01/11/write-im ... ac-etcher/ -- Here's instructions with Etcher

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Thu May 23, 2019 6:12 pm

DAR67 I actually have an SD card with 1.7 on it and would be glad to mail it to you. unless you need the mini sd card since mine is just a standard size... Just pm me your address

DAR67
shadow

Post#4 » Fri May 24, 2019 1:08 am

I also need the Win32 Disk Imager don't I? It is not possible to add that from a MacBook

Xiden
Developer

Post#5 » Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 am

DAR67 wrote:I also need the Win32 Disk Imager don't I? It is not possible to add that from a MacBook

Etcher should be the same thing as win32 disk imager.

DAR67
shadow

Post#6 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:06 am

Etcher worked for the DreamPi image but did not work for the Win32 disk imager :(

alexh86
lithium

Post#7 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:39 am

It has been close to two years now but I'm pretty confident I flashed the image to my card using my MacBook. I believe I used Apple Pi. The only personal computer I had at that time was a MacBook Air (~2012). My work laptop is a PC but I doubt I would have used it for a personal project.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#8 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:46 am

DAR67 wrote:Etcher worked for the DreamPi image but did not work for the Win32 disk imager :(

win32 disk imager is what PC users use to write the image to the SD card.. you dont need that on mac

DAR67
shadow

Re: DreamPi prompt message

Post#9 » Fri May 24, 2019 2:05 pm

Now the start up ends mid set up with a message saying pi@dreampi: $
What do I type in this??

Xiden
Developer

Post#10 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:58 pm

nothing, just plug in your modem and wait for two lights to come on.