DreamPi Desktop

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

megavolt85
Developer

Re: [Release] DreamPi Companion | 1.2 Released! (MAY/6/19)

Post#101 » Tue May 07, 2019 8:49 am

Windows9X wrote:DreamPi Companion 1.2.0 has been released.

small bug, in linux version when enter dreampi ip "9" on numpad don't work

Windows9X
photon blast

Re: [Release] DreamPi Companion | 1.2 Released! (MAY/6/19)

Post#102 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:01 am

megavolt85 wrote:
Windows9X wrote:DreamPi Companion 1.2.0 has been released.

small bug, in linux version when enter dreampi ip "9" on numpad don't work

Fixed. I'll push out a 1.2.1.

Thank you very much.
Author of original DreamPi Companion..

Windows9X
photon blast

Re: [Release] DreamPi Companion | 1.2.1 Released! (MAY/7/19)

Post#103 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:25 am

1.2.1 is now available on source forge. Win, OS X and Linux 64.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#104 » Tue May 07, 2019 1:51 pm

To be fair, the number 9 on the numberpad didn't work on Windows either, I just thought it was my keyboard lol

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#105 » Tue May 07, 2019 1:54 pm

Roareye wrote:To be fair, the number 9 on the numberpad didn't work on Windows either, I just thought it was my keyboard lol

It's fixed on all platforms, not just linux, as the source code i wrote is cross-compile ready. It was programming error, on my part.

The 9 key will detect on Win, Linux and MacOS X.

Windows9X
photon blast

Re: [Release] DreamPi Companion | 1.3 Released! (AUG/28/19)

Post#106 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:51 pm

Hi, all. It's been a few months!

I've released an overhaul to DreamPi Companion; Version 1.3.

This latest release offers some stability adjustments and two new features. Firstly, Kazade changed some bull which is really annoying; I have to overhaul the TITLE ID database and i just don't have all of the IDs for the games, yet. If you see someone playing a game, or if you're playing a game, and the game reports as UNSUPPORTED TITLE ([ ID]), PLEASE REPORT THE ID!

Anyways, i've managed to find a few of them.. a good bit of games should display properly in the mean time. Now on to the features!

For a full list of features, you can of course check the source forge page or the top of the thread; a quick rundown:

- Searching; You can now search for user's profiles when you, or they, are offline. As long as they've been indexed, or online within 2 weeks, you'll be able to pull up their profile.

- Themes; DreamPi Companion supports themes.. Once in a while i'll release a new design to use!

- New interface graphics; DPC now has a new default theme called 'Elite'. You can switch back to the Classic version, however. Just download it from SourceForge and read the instructions included.

Thanks, everyone. Hope you're still enjoying DPC.

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#107 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:12 am

wow i can't believe i missed this, we've needed something like this for ages, great stuff 9x. if you keep improving upon this, it could become something really powerful for all of us

what might be cool is a global chat room if there's a way it'd be secure and bot-free
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#108 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:09 am

DR TEAMCAST wrote:wow i can't believe i missed this, we've needed something like this for ages, great stuff 9x. if you keep improving upon this, it could become something really powerful for all of us

what might be cool is a global chat room if there's a way it'd be secure and bot-free

Thanks for the kind words! I'm really happy you're enjoying DreamPi Companion! :)

There isn't really much to expand on, now. 1.2.1 was supposed to be to proposed 'final' version of DPC, as far as i could tell back in May. The only real reason a 1.3 exists in the first place is because the DreamPi author, Kazade, changed some crap in his code which messed with DPC's title ID database. For professional and resume-inclusion reasons, i make DPC look a bit more mature with the new 'Elite' theme; The inclusion of themes was purely accidental as i figured not everyone would prefer a darker theme. Even myself i miss the old white theme so i made the ability to toggle between theme bundles and updated the classic assets to be compatible. Neat bonus, i think but purely unintentional from the start.

I also really wanted to include some form of search functionality, which is now available :D , as before you could only favorite a user if you catch them online, which makes no sense. You should be able to keep track of anyone at anytime that way you can get notified when they go online from the start!

My main goal with DPC was to have a simple and user-friendly interface that allows you to see who's playing and the current libraries and rank of each player on DreamPi (who's currently online). The main interface is browser only which isn't optimal since browsers can be memory gobblers. I wanted something sleek i could just pull up and save on resources. I really wanted people to SEE what games each person owns, which the browser GUI does not offer. This helps people matchmake and, with the inclusion of notifications, makes finding a game easier. Just leave DPC running in the background and wait for the jingle to play... when you hear the log in sound, you know it's game time.

Simple things to make the experience better.

I'm not sure if I would ever incorporate a chat utility; I figured most people would just flock to Discord or Overtone. DC-Talk also has a chat section. -- Maybe in the future... doubt it, though.

Right now i just want to focus on stability, usability and features. I want to make DreamPi gaming easier and more accessible... the face DPC is multisystem is a good start. Don't matter if you're a Windows9X/XP/7+ guy, a mac person or even a Linux lad... there is a flavor for everyone.

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#109 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:27 am

Hello Windows9X, Thanks for your nice DreamPi app! I start using from today and looks nice ;)
I am Mac user and I have a small issue with application. When I try to open it I get a message for crash and reopen the application. But if I go to packages contents and choose Dreampi companion it works normally.

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#110 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:28 pm

DarkSynbios wrote:Hello Windows9X, Thanks for your nice DreamPi app! I start using from today and looks nice ;)
I am Mac user and I have a small issue with application. When I try to open it I get a message for crash and reopen the application. But if I go to packages contents and choose Dreampi companion it works normally.

What version of MacOS are you using? Is it MacOS or OS X? Sierra+ requires all applications to be verified in security settings if it's not downloaded from app store. It's possible you're on a version higher than Sierra which i haven't tested.

Please let me know the specifics; I've only tested on El Capitan.

I'm thinking about making a 32bit version for older OS X, as well.