4 Wheel Thunder coolness!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
beanboy
Wazza

4 Wheel Thunder coolness!

Post#1 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:30 pm

So yesterday, after so many months, I finally played 4 Wheel Thunder again.
And boy did I have fun! It was really fun, to race with the vehicles in this game again, moreso the monster trucks in this game. And those big outdoor stages, are my favourite.
Definitely have to get a physical copy of this game, and 4x4 Evo (which I've never played) as soon as I could. But dis 4 Wheel Thunder game, is da boss! :D

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: 4 Wheel Thunder coolness!

Post#2 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:08 am

4x4 Evo is sadly not a great title. It's fun, but 4 Wheel Thunder has a metric tonne of more polish. It's a real shame it didn't have an online mode.

Sega RPG

Post#3 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:41 am

good to see someone who agree with me, i do actually think 4x4 is pure sheet (and i generally love racing)

as for 4 wheel thunder i've actually played only briefly but from what i recall hydro thunder is completely on another level, should try it again...
Last edited by 247 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:55 am

Roareye wrote:4x4 Evo is sadly not a great title.

Blasphemy!! :P :P

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#5 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:03 am

Haha! It's not utter turd, but be honest, it's far from the best either :p

beanboy
Wazza

Post#6 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:43 pm

So 4x4 Evo is okay, but not that good? Awww man!
I'm still going to check it out though. Because I heard a few gamers, say the game is fun. :lol:
Last edited by beanboy on Fri May 03, 2019 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#7 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:50 pm

Xiden wrote:
Roareye wrote:4x4 Evo is sadly not a great title.

Blasphemy!! :P :P

4x4 Evo is the only racing game I like. It performs great online as well.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#8 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:12 am

I love 4 Wheel Thunder! Its definitely a showcase game for the DC... the complex tracks, the textures, the framerate. The only critique i have would be the difficulty, in later stages is way up there, on the other hand thats not a bad thing.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#9 » Fri May 03, 2019 5:57 pm

Roareye wrote:but 4 Wheel Thunder has a metric tonne of more polish. It's a real shame it didn't have an online mode.

Yeah, I wish 4 Wheel Thunder had online. I always found it strange, the devs didn't put that in.
But I will admit, the graphics in 4 Wheel Thunder, are really slick. :D
Last edited by beanboy on Fri May 03, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:13 pm

What the hell are you guys smoking? :lol:

4X4 Evo is like Gran Turismo for offroading! At the time there was no other game that surpassed the graphics or the deep tuning system except for Gran Turismo itself! It was my first game for DC in 2000 and at the time, it certainly was considered photo realistic at the time.

It comes from the same guys that made Monster Truck Madness! Seriously the games were all widely praised back in the day! You can't go looking at it with a modern lens! In 2000 this game kicked ass and still does to this day!

Sorry but you guys are the minority lol. ;)

The greatest part about this game, is that it is HIGHLY modable! Seriously, I have a rare mod for you guys to download and test here with some new additions, such as a Jeep among a few other changes. This is a discontinued Russian mod, but it shows that this game has high potential even to this day. A guy was even working on porting 4X4 Evo 2 over to the DC using this game as a base for it.

https://mega.nz/#!iE1lSQZI!r59iA5JqU1FJ ... ycj4cgS21E