YOUR DREAMCAST COLLECTION/BEST GAMES!

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Re: YOUR DREAMCAST COLLECTION/BEST GAMES!

Post#11 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:37 am

p sure this thread was originally spam...

DrAwesome821
shadow

Post#12 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:34 pm

I currently have Soul Calibur and disc one of Shenmue. Soul Calibur is fun, haven't played Shenmue yet.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

beanboy
Wazza

Post#13 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:59 pm

My top favs, out my entire collection:

Evolution 2: Far off Promise ( I want a part 3, it's long overdue.)
Soul Calibur
Dead or Alive 2

Virtua Fighter 3tb would have easily been up there, but it was hard to find, because it was
always sold out in stores. The same with Powerstone 1 and 2.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#14 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:39 pm

Shenmue 2, Full English Speech Edition.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#15 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:57 pm

I suppose that's a 99 minute CD-R Dobbs?

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#16 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:41 pm

I have both the standard and the 99min versions. I uploaded them about a month ago and posted a link to them on DC-Talk as well as the Full English Speech version of Space Channel 5, Part 2. Smith made both of these I believe. Nice to have these rare mods from one of our early pioneers here at Dreamcast-Talk.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11578&p=115368&hilit=Space+channel+5#p115368
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Claeris
lithium

Post#17 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:33 am

joesday wrote:Hi guys,

I have recently started playing my Dreamcast pretty heavily and I have started to build up my Collection again, with one of my ALL time favorites! I have had this game at least 4 times now in total including the Japanese Imported version, I couldn't find my previous copies so I just couldn't resist picking this beauty of a game up again which is a must for any Dreamcast Owner!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSWtS0j0-X8

What are your favorite and must have titles for the Dreamcast? I'd love to hear from you

your post and video were such teases and it turned out to be that one haha

Claeris
lithium

Post#18 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:44 am

For me, Sonic Adventure holds a special place in my heart, and I absolutely love how broken it is and love to laugh at the acting. I play through it every couple of years or so. In 2000 or so, my dad's friend won a contest to have a backyard concert by the deftones, so like, right before they blew up to be famous. Naturally, everyone in the world was invited including me and my brother. The guy's son michael and my brother were the same age and spent the afternoon playing south park on the n64 in michael's room, but because I was the dumb little sister, he wouldn't even let me spectate. Michael felt bad for me so he plopped me down in the living room in front of their big screen (crt lol) and the newest hottest game console on the market: the dreamcast.

At the time, I was very anti-3D games. In part because I was poor and we only had an NES and I had a hand me down Super, but mostly because the games looked horrible in their blurry blockiness compared to the perfect 2d art of the snes. But then I saw that orange swirl for the first time on a giant tv, and i was completely blown away by the opening cinematic of Sonic Adventure. The quality of the video itself was miles beyond what I'd seen on playstation, and it was REAL music, and rock at that! I was hooked from that moment on.

I got my own dreamcast in 2001 and it came with sonic adventure, sonic shuffle, and a demo for sonic adventure 2, and I picked up rayman 2 with it. Those are still my two favorite Dreamcast games. In particular, I love the quality of Rayman. The dreamcast version is the best in my opinion. It really shows what this system could do, especially in comparison to the ps1 and 64 versions.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#19 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:45 pm

my must haves:

all the online titles...outside of that...street fighter 3 third strike and sf3 double impact, last blade 2, soul caliber, MVC 2, capcom vs snk...there are so many great fighters on DC ..there's lots more but those are the ones i thoguht of first

janeydoe2005
noob

Post#20 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:19 pm

Project Justice (AKA Rival Schools 2). It's fun with an innovative tag system.