PSO online issues

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ERVOSCV
Anarki

PSO online issues

Post#1 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:17 pm

Hello to anyone who can help,

I'm new here, forgive me if I'm already posting in the wrong place. Long story short, game connects online fine, then as soon as the lobby loads, I get "The line was disconnected due to network error(s). Please try connecting again later." I attached a pic.

I can load the webpage and everything dreampipe stuff from the disc however, and tested out Quake III arena online just fine. I'm pretty sure I was not playing against bots, because I tried a few servers and played with 2 players that did not display "CPU" underneath their names.

More backstory:

The very 1st time I tried getting online, I thought the game froze on me while taking like a minute to enter the lobby, and right when I pressed the power button, the screen had just barely transitioned INTO the lobby. Did I just do something detrimental here? I'm kicking myself rn so pissed and confused if I did this on accident to myself.

I tried deleting all my PSO save files and started again after resetting dreampi too. No change.

I have a dreampi on a wired connection.

Thank you.

Screenshot_2019-04-05-16-13-48.png

Screenshot_2019-04-05-16-13-22.png

IMG_20190405_153940168.jpg

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: PSO online issues

Post#2 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:23 pm

What version of PSO do you have? If it's an NTSC PSO v.2, you'll need the Sylverant PSO Patcher to connect to the server. You can grab it from the Downloads section of Dreamcast Live. This is only for legit copies though. For burned copies you need a pre-patched disc such as the Ive's one from PSO Palace.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Post#3 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:03 pm

Thank you pcwzrd13,

IDK why, but I was under the false assumption that the patch was for only the burned copies, I have been out of the DC community for some time... I have an original v.2 that I recently bought on Amazon, I sadly have not burned a DC game in some time, so it's a lil daunting knowing what I must do.

I just remember going through mountains of coasters before I finally built a nice collection of DC games. I'm sure I can find a guide on here somewhere to refresh. Thank you so much. I was watching the worms stream btw, still need to get that one, I'll join you guys soon enough.

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#4 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:12 pm

You can find the needed files over at https://www.dreamcastlive.net/downloads

And yes, you should get Worms, and you should always bet on Rag ;)

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Post#5 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:59 am

Thank you Rag and PC

Everything worked, just had a blast in the lobby lol.