dreamcast dev kit

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

poopidoop
MegaDeath

dreamcast dev kit

Post#1 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:42 pm

one went up for sale on ebay, and its a seller with 34 feedback. wonder if its ever been looked at. wish i were rich :lol:
Attachments
devkit.JPG

BlueCrab
Developer

Re: dreamcast dev kit

Post#2 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:00 am

That is an absolutely ridiculous asking price for that thing. I really hope nobody's that insane to spend that amount of money it -- especially considering how beat up it is.

Just as reference, I bought one many years ago for $250 (shipped), complete with more than 10 blank GD-R discs too...

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#3 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:41 am

right they think its a gold mine. still thought it was cool to see one up though even if it does look like they drug it behind the truck lol

Caspian
core

Post#4 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:49 am

I have been trying to snatch one for more than 10 years. At about 10 years ago you could find one at about 500-800 euros. Now it's in the thousands. Still, the price on this particular one is simply ridiculous. I don't think it would make sense even if you owned a game developer house and Dreamcast was a new console.

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#5 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:27 pm

well i guess if you got the cash you could always just make an offer. they might turn it down but they might accept it also. but i dunno anyway because the listing has almost no information on it. kinda sketchy.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:41 pm

And the gamble that there is no cool unreleased game within er the HDD may as well be dead after so many years -.-

TacT
Uber

Post#7 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:50 pm

I've seen quite a few dev kits sell for around that price these days, that's what they go for wish i got one back when they were 800$

it's still thinking.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#8 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:37 pm

Wow! :o