Chu Chu Rocket - Downloading Own Puzzle

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Blayer98
Anarki

Re: Chu Chu Rocket - Downloading Own Puzzle

Post#11 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:13 pm

Ok lol, also me and ThatYoshi can’t play together for some reason. It can’t be me causing the problem since I’ve never needed to port forward for Chu Chu Rocket.

Shuouma
Developer

Post#12 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:16 pm

Dunno, after you hit start game, it is pure p2p so can't really see anything in the server logs.

Xiden
Developer

Post#13 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:57 pm

For chu chu I think whoever is the 1st person in the room is the host and hosts do not need to port forward of course. I do know chu chu was working yesterday :)

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#14 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:27 pm

The need/lack thereof for port forwarding changes depending on who's the host. This can be troublesome when someone doesn't have their settings correct but they insist that it worked in the past and therefore think they don't need to port forward/DMZ.

Not sure how that works for this game as I've never once run into issues with it, but I know for Worms we have people successfully host a game (which requires no settings), and then they assume they don't need to do anything, which ends up crashing everyone when they join a game (which requires port forwarding).

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#15 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:43 pm

Dreamcast Live wrote:ChuChu Rocket!: UDP 9789

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#16 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:04 pm

It’s strange because sometimes on Sunday I had started the game and everything worked fine, sometimes someone else started the game and everything worked fine then... I don’t know what’s going on and why it worked absoloutely fine on Sunday’s Game Night UK (I was playing with Legacy, Jako and someone else) and it’s no longer working now... >_<

I never port forwarded in the first place so I don’t know why this is happening. (If you read over my DreamPi UPnP thread, you’ll understand why I literally cannot port forward as simply as people think...)