Saber Rider: A new Dreamcast game on Kickstarter !

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

mrneo240
Rank 9

Re: Saber Rider: A new Dreamcast game on Kickstarter !

Post#211 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:25 pm

another cash grab that never existed beyond digital text on a website.

shocking.....

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#212 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:08 pm

What a sad state of affairs that it feels as if the only video game Kickstarters that actually fulfil on their promises are ones started by already famous companies/individuals. Yu Suzuki for Shenmue III, Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove etc.

I've completed two Kickstarters myself (both for novels, not video games) and always made sure to update and fulfil on the stuff my backers paid for. Sometimes there were delays, yes, but god damn how can you not finally deliver within a projected time? You either know your project well enough to set a realistic goal or you don't, and if you don't you shouldn't be asking for money.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#213 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:26 pm

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#214 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:53 pm

Q3 2017 is coming any day now...

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#215 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:08 pm

also who cares if you make another 2d sidescroller. the whole genre is a dime a dozen lately.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#216 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:55 am

I see your sentiment, mrneo but those who funded it are sure to be majorly disappointed. Dime a dozen or not.

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#217 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:08 am

Redux 2, Slave, Elysian Shadows, Xenocider, Twist-It, The Ghost Blade... and now Saber Rider.
The Dreamcast has become a rogue's nest (? or !, you can choose).
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#218 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:41 am

dreamcast-news wrote:Redux 2, Slave, Elysian Shadows, Xenocider, Twist-It, The Ghost Blade... and now Saber Rider.
The Dreamcast has become a rogue's nest (? or !, you can choose).

I'm not sure Xenocider deserves being in that list. The ghost blade was released eventually... but yeah the others are write offs no doubt. Still I might get my refund on slave. I did back the saber rider campaign so thats money lost. But I did back that alien shooter game for dc and that's progressing nicely by all accounts from the updates. Win some lose some I guess. I do not feel any confidence in the slave devs- how hard can it be to track bugs? Most likely its a fundamentally flawed 3d engine hence the bugs issue.

And I was looking forward to saber rider... sheesh.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#219 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:38 pm

So... no updates on kickstarter since last year. No facebook updates or twitter. The project creator was selling saber rider merchandise too including t-shirts, posters etc. So wheres all the money gone? Is there even enough to finish the pc version I wonder.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#220 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:24 pm

This project is stone dead. Lots of bad stories circulating from people who worked on the project in the past. Zero chance of getting our money back. No communication whatsoever from the project creator. Work never began on the pc engine version. It would have to have been built from scratch anyways- so quite an undertaking in and of itself - infeasible.

There is no real game just a bunch of pretty art assets it seems. Ah well... now I wonder if I will cancel my slave preorder; I have no faith in the persons woking on it- supposedly fixing some bugs for how many years now? Xenocider, and a few others I can wait for though.